Merchant City Festival, Saturday 25 July – Sunday 2 August 2015
Merchant City Festival
Glasgow Saturday 25 July – Sunday 2 August 2015
Nine days filled with free events in Glasgow’s cultural quarter including street arts, dance, live music, markets, fashion and design, comedy, family events, tours, heritage walks, talks, food and drink and much more.
A vibrant, eclectic and exciting celebration with a fantastic programme of events including:
Outdoor Performance and Street Art
Food and Drink
Dance and Circus
Fragile *World Premiere*
A new work by Motionhouse, Conflux, Merchant City Festival and Gulbenkian and the University of Kent which will involve performers interacting with three JCBs. Fragile is a brand new, large-scale street performance involving world-class performers from Motionhouse, one of the UK’s foremost dance theatre companies, as well as up to 25 local emerging performers, and will be directed by Kevin Finnan MBE, who was Choreographer and Movement Director for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
Lots of events for children Monday 27 – Friday 31 July in Merchant Square.
At the Main Brunswick Stage and the ever popular Blackfriars Stage will be back featuring a line up of fantastic bands. Brunswick Street Live will incorporate a screen and licenced area in a large marquee. The Merchant Square Emerging Talent Stage will also present an exciting line up of new bands.
The 6th SURGE festival will feature an array of street theatre.
- Sixth Jimmy Reid Annual Memorial Lecture 2018
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
- Teenage Scream live Podcast Glasgow Libraries
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Dandiya Nights, Milngavie Town Hall October 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- SUPER Market Glasgow 2018
- Pollok House, Glasgow Doors Open Days, Craft Fair
- Wild Harvest, Native Trees and Fruit, Locavore Guided Walk and Discussion
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- Pollokshaws Community Carnival 2018
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018
- Six and a Tanner, OranMor
- Young People invited to Meet Mhairi Black M.P., Clydebank
- Medical Aid for Palestinians, Evening at Sloans Glasgow
- Late Night: Superbad, Glasgow Youth Film Festival