Merchant City Festival, Saturday 25 July – Sunday 2 August 2015
Merchant City Festival
Glasgow Saturday 25 July – Sunday 2 August 2015
Nine days filled with free events in Glasgow’s cultural quarter including street arts, dance, live music, markets, fashion and design, comedy, family events, tours, heritage walks, talks, food and drink and much more.
A vibrant, eclectic and exciting celebration with a fantastic programme of events including:
Outdoor Performance and Street Art
Food and Drink
Dance and Circus
Fragile *World Premiere*
A new work by Motionhouse, Conflux, Merchant City Festival and Gulbenkian and the University of Kent which will involve performers interacting with three JCBs. Fragile is a brand new, large-scale street performance involving world-class performers from Motionhouse, one of the UK’s foremost dance theatre companies, as well as up to 25 local emerging performers, and will be directed by Kevin Finnan MBE, who was Choreographer and Movement Director for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
Lots of events for children Monday 27 – Friday 31 July in Merchant Square.
At the Main Brunswick Stage and the ever popular Blackfriars Stage will be back featuring a line up of fantastic bands. Brunswick Street Live will incorporate a screen and licenced area in a large marquee. The Merchant Square Emerging Talent Stage will also present an exciting line up of new bands.
The 6th SURGE festival will feature an array of street theatre.
- Sweet Country, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Breadwinner, GFT
- Working Girl, GFF 2018
- The Ballad of Lefty Brown, GFT
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- Boutique Health and Fitness Festival, Glasgow
- Stars for Starchild, Fundraiser 3 March, 2018
- Help the Homeless Glasgow ‘I am not lost’, 25 February, 2018
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- CULTURE MINISTERS WELCOME IRISH MUSICIANS TO SCOTLAND GB18
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Whyte and Mackay, Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Artists Network Lunch, Woodland Community
- Glasgow Kilo Vintage Sale, The Briggait, Glasgow 4 February, 2018
- Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
- The Friction Burns Supper, Rio Pop Up, Glasgow