Merchant City Festival 2018
Open 4-5 August and 9-12 August.
Merchant City Festival, back for 2018 presenting the best in Scottish and international arts and entertainment, showcasing Glasgow as a UNESCO City of Music and the unique cultural and creative hub that is Glasgow’s Merchant City.
Fabulous programme of events with street art, music, dance, design, film, comedy, carnival procession and activities for children & families alongside lively markets and a curated selection of street food.
Also returning is the Encontro Street Band Festival with a spectacular celebration of carnival and street band music, Scotland’s leading developer of street arts, Surge, presents a line up of extraordinary street theatre acts popping up for your entertainment.
This year’s Merchant City Festival runs in tangent with Festival 2018 with Glasgow’s iconic George Square in the Merchant City at the beating heart of Festival 2018.
The cultural festival runs during the Glasgow 2018 European Championships, creating a carnival atmosphere in the city.
Festival 2018 cultural programme will run throughout the Championships with programme of music, dance, circus and much more
Also check out
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Take One Action, GFT
- Extinction Rebellion Climate Carnival Renfrewshire
- Bowled Over, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- The Farewell Opening Gala GYFF 2019
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Multlingual Song at MILK Cafe Glasgow
- Barras Fest Glasgow 2019