McLaren 2014: The Art of Drawn Movements: -Animation Films by Glasgow School of Art Alumni, GFT, 3rd May
McLaren 2014: The Art of Drawn Movements: -Animation Films by Glasgow School of Art Alumni
GFT. 12 Rose Street
3rd May, 2014 1.45 - 3.45 p.m.
This event celebrates McLaren’s contribution to experimental animation, and his influence on subsequent Glasgow School of Art students and alumni. “Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn.” (Norman McLaren)
This event, in collaboration with the Glasgow Film Theatre, celebrates McLaren’s contribution to experimental animation and his influence on subsequent Glasgow School of Art students and alumni. A fascinating and varied selection of their work is screened – from McLaren’s own abstract classic Lines Horizontal (1962) to recent graduate Ross Hogg’s The Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat (2013).
The event will be introduced by Dr Sarah Smith, an authority on experimental film, and will conclude with a short Q&A with some of the included filmmakers.
Age restrictions: Suitable for ages 12+
This section: Art - what's on, Cinema
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- Glasgow Society of Women Artists at the Lillie Gallery, 7th October – 2nd November 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh, Mackintosh Festival 2017