McGinn meets Seeger and MacColl An evening with The Cameron Bros East Kilbride Village Theatre Saturday 23rd Augu
East Kilbride Village Theatre
Saturday 23rd August 2014 : 8.00pm
Tickets from Box Office 01355 261000. £12.00 / £10.00
Johnny and Duncan Cameron are well known in the Scottish music scene.
Having enjoyed a long performing career, they continue to run Riverside Studios in Glasgpw.
On Saturday 23rd August with fellow musicians Ian Rennie, Gus Simpson and Raymond McGuire, they make a welcome return to the Village Theatre after successfully touring this highly acclaimed show throughout last year.
When Pete Seeger passed away in January this year, the band dedicated their sell-out performance at Celtic Connections to his memory. The band’s show at The Barrowland Ballroom on May 3rd 2014 fell on the anniversary of Pete’s birthday. They will also be performing songs from the show at the World Music Festival in Selb, Bavaria in October this year.
Seeger first met McGinn on a visit to Glasgow after MacColl, who was married to Pete’s sister Peggy, played him a tape of Matt’s Songs. On his departure Seeger said he just wanted to keep Matt McGinn singing. Johnny and late brother Wallace had the honour of sharing the stage with Pete to do just that when they performed some of Matt’s work on the singer’s 75th anniversary at Symphony Space Theatre in New York.
With more great songs and tunes, we once again invite you to celebrate the music of Matt McGinn, Pete Seeger and Ewan MacColl, three artists whose social commentary in song and lyric changed the face of contemporary folk music from the 60’s onwards.
We’d like to keep them singing ……. and you as well !
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe
- Barras Fest Glasgow 2019
- Twilight in the Crypt Glasgow Cathedral Festival
- Glasgow R&B Society: Rab Noakes & Fraser Speirs Cottiers
- No Serco Evictions Fundraiser at McChuills
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- JJ Gilmour and Adriana Spina at CCA
- Music Broth Summer Fundraising Gig
- The Blue Arrow 59:60 Celebrating the Year that Changed Jazz
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand