Matt Andersen OranMor 14 October, 2016
Award-winning Canadian soul-blues artist Matt Andersen announces solo October UK tour, including Òran Mór, Glasgow on Friday October 14, in support of his widely acclaimed new album Honest Man – please see below for further information, audio & video links and full tour itinerary.
Praise for Honest Man
“Matt’s fine soulful voice is able to go to town…a watershed album.” Acoustic magazine
“Well-crafted songs with an emotional depth” The Blues magazine
“Previous albums have already won several awards and I think this fine effort is likely to follow that same path.” Blues Matters!
“Andersen’s voice is pure greatness and Honest Man beautifully showcases his talents as a vocalist and a songwriter.” Blues Rock Review
“His stunning voice contains obvious traces of delta blues, but also the bawdy swagger of Stax and Motown” Exclaim!
“Andersen’s gargantuan voice is deeply steeped in southern soul and gospel tradition… sparkles with common sense, complexity and erudition at almost every turn.” Elmore magazine
“Andersen’s voice is a huge soulful beast” Rock Society
About Matt Andersen
With over 5 million views on YouTube, independent sales over 30,000 albums, a 2013 European Blues Award, and winning Best Solo Performer at the Memphis Blues Challenge, the entire world is now discovering Matt Andersen. A powerhouse performer Matt has built a formidable following the old fashioned way – touring worldwide and letting converted audiences and fans spread his reputation through word of mouth. In addition to headlining festivals, clubs and theatres throughout North America, Europe and Australia, he has shared the stage and toured with Bo Diddley, Buddy Guy, Greg Allman, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Randy Bachman, Little Feat, Jonny Lang and more. He won the 2013 Euro Blues Award for Best Solo /Acoustic Act, three Maple Blues Awards in 2012, and nabbed the 2010 International Blues Challenge in Memphis. And for Weightless in 2014, he received a JUNO nomination for Roots & Traditional Album of the Year, a CIMA Road Gold award, and a Maple Blues Award for Male Vocalist of the Year.
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Late Night GFT
- Balloon GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Chicago Websters Theatre
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019
- Carers’ Week 2019
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions