Mary Paulson-Ellis, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow, Monday 30th October, 2017
Novelist Mary Paulson-Ellis
Monday 30 October, 2017
1 – 2 PM University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Mary Paulson-Ellis is an Edinburgh-based writer and University of Glasgow Creative Writing MLitt alumna whose debut novel The Other Mrs Walker was Waterstone’s Scottish Book of the Month in March 2017 and was a recipient of the Amazon Rising Star Award.
Her short stories, non-fiction and other tall tales have been published in a variety of anthologies and magazines including the Guardian Weekend Magazine, New Writing Scotland, Gutter and The Herald.
She was awarded Glasgow’s inaugural Curtis Brown Prize for Fiction in 2009, the Maverick Award from the Tom McGrath Trust in 2011 and the Literature Works First Page Prize in 2013.
She is a Hawthornden and a Brownsbank Fellow and a member of writers collective 26.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Only You GFT
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Scarred GFT
- The Brink GFT
- Eureka GFT
- Pavarotti plus satellite Q & A GFT
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- In Conversation with Gurinder Chadha GFT
- Armstrong GFT
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Midsommar GFT