Martin Stewart’s The Sacrifice Box Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
10 January, 2018 6.30 – 8 p.m.
Waterstones Sauchiehall Street, 153-157 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3EW
An atmospheric, chilling page turner from rising star Martin Stewart, reminiscent of Stand by Me and Stranger Things.Sep, Arkle, Mack, Lamb and Hadley: five friends thrown together one hot, sultry summer. When they discover an ancient stone box hidden in the forest, they decide to each make a sacrifice: something special to them, committed to the box for ever. And they make a pact: they will never return to the box at night; they’ll never visit it alone; and they’ll never take back their offerings.Four years later, a series of strange and terrifying events take place. Someone broke the rules, and now everyone has to pay.But how much are they willing to sacrifice?
This is a free event.
‘Doors’ open from 6.30pm for a 7pm start.
Please speak to a bookseller for further information.
tel: 0141 332 9105
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- Camilla Grudova, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Archie Macpherson, Adventures in the Golden Age
- Radical Film Network 6818 Launch, Glasgow
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Growing and Dying’ a tribute to the writer Janet Paisley edited by Linda Jackson
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- Stuart Murdoch, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- A Fiction Reading. with Sheila Llewellyn and Andrew Meehan, Crossways Festival review by Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Zine Fest SQIFF Presents: Live in DIY Queer Filmmaking Conversation! CCA
- Mandarin Translations – The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
- Fail Better at McCHuills, April 12th, 2018
- David Mach ‘Against the Tide’ Cass Art, Glasgow
- Tom Russell, Tales From Inside The World of Rock, Bishopton Library
- Glasgow Museums and Libraries, Civilisations Festival 2018
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Short Films for Creatives, with Lesley Traynor, CCA
- Crossways Irish/Scottish Festival Fiction Reading & Poetry at The Tron
- Scottish Shorts 2018 – submissions
- Jim and Pat’s Podcast: Glasgow West End – Jim talks to Ian Smith of Last Night From Glasgow
- Crossways: The Irish Scottish Cultural & Literary Festival, Glasgow Merchant City