Mark Olson plus Monica Queen Wed. 22nd April 2015 The CCA
Wednesday 22nd April 2015
The CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street Glasgow
Tickets £13 from The CCA 0141 352 4900
The Fallen Angels
Jayhawks’ founder member, Mark Olson continues to create and record – and he’ll showcase his latest solo release at a show at Glasgow’s CCA on April 22.
The singer-songwriter has been responsible for some of the most blissful, genre-defining Alternative Country and Americana ever recorded but on his first solo album for five years, ‘Good-bye Lizelle,’ Olson strikes out in an altogether different direction, resulting in songs that prove both poetic and mystical.
The album – written and recorded across several continents and featuring his Norwegian wife, Ingunn Ringvold on vocals– has been attracting hugely favourable reviews from the critics.
Of the new Olson album, Folk Radio UK wrote: “there are no bad songs here, just degrees of excellence.”
Mark Olson is one of the most recognised and revered figures in the Americana music genre so a show in Glasgow is a ‘must-see’.
His music has brought pleasure to so many people over the years with The Jayhawks, other bands and solo so it’s a real big deal that he’s agreed to include Glasgow in a major tour.”
Glasgow’s very own Monica Queen will open up the show.
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe
- Barras Fest Glasgow 2019
- Twilight in the Crypt Glasgow Cathedral Festival
- Glasgow R&B Society: Rab Noakes & Fraser Speirs Cottiers
- No Serco Evictions Fundraiser at McChuills
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- JJ Gilmour and Adriana Spina at CCA
- Music Broth Summer Fundraising Gig
- The Blue Arrow 59:60 Celebrating the Year that Changed Jazz
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Websters Big Summer Event
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Her Crooked Heart The Doublet