Mandy McIntosh Art Work
A3 drawings by Mandy McIntosh in oil pastel, marker and coloured pencil.
'Eyeballing myself as a girl in the 80s making fashion illustrations of jumpers at Trent Poly always falling onto faces, trying to pinpoint the skull of who would wear this? These are beyond that, beyond the body, just the face.'
The drawings are executed spontaneously in the studio in reaction to each other. Currently there are 14 for sale.
'This is completely about what I've always wanted to do which is make stuff and sell it and in the future there will be wearables.'
Mandy McIntosh’s studio is in Glasgow and work for sale can be viewed there on request.
All enquiries to studio@
Mandy McIntosh is an artist from Glasgow who makes Public Art, Moving Image/Animation, Textiles, Drawing, Painting and Digital Art, often fusing multiple techniques in social context. Recent works include Hap Up Easterhouse at Platform for Glasgow International 2016. Also, The Women’s Unit in Castlemilk, a feminist freespace as the creative outcome of a year long residency at Glasgow Women’s Library with a focus on the issues of violence against women. The Women’s Unit recently showed at CCA Glasgow for TOUGH WEEKS 2016.
Other recent projects include Yird Muin Starn, a Vital Spark commission for Galloway Dark Sky park and The Thunderbird’s Ballad, an animation for Channel Four commissioned by Animate Uk.
Mandy has previously worked within the NHS as an artist engaged in the context of mental health in acute and community settings and has a focus in her work of placing empowering aesthetic principles at the heart of community and person centred making. She is also deeply invested in textile making, printing manually and digitally as well as tapestry weaving. Her unique knitting work has also appeared internationally in several books and as a former knit and print designer with KENZO she maintains an interest in fashion and surface design.
All enquiries to studio@
This section: Art - what's on, Gifts, interior design, Shopping
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- Glasgow Society of Women Artists at the Lillie Gallery, 7th October – 2nd November 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh, Mackintosh Festival 2017
- Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017