Make Do And Mend, Repair Cafe
(Visual by artist Lily Fulop and you can follow her on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/
Saturday, 15 December, 2018 . 12 pm – 3 pm
Kinning Park Complex, 43 Cornwall Street, Glasgow G41 1BA
Repair Café Glasgow is back at Kinning Park Complex and is on a mission to save your items from waste
Hosting monthly events in spaces across the city where people can get help to fix their broken things for free and share repair skills all in an effort to fight a throwaway culture.
Do you have a broken lamp that needs to be fixed? Maybe a hole in your favourite jumper? A team of volunteer repairers will be on hand to help you mend your broken handheld items such as clothes, electrical and electronic items.
This month they will be joined by Alis Le May from Decent Projects CIC and MEND sessions who will be on hand to help you with all your textile repairs! If they can’t manage to fix your items then they will direct you to somewhere that can or alternatively the best place to recycle them.
“Knowing there is an affordable community-based service to lengthen the life of many of the products I choose to buy means I can be more active in my environmental choices” – Jessica, Repair Café Glasgow participant
Repair Café Glasgow is supported by the Climate Challenge Fund and the European Regional Development Fund. The Climate Challenge Fund provides grants and support for community-led organisations to tackle climate change by running projects that reduce carbon local emissions. The European Regional Development Fund comes from the European Structural and Investment Fund which helps to facilitate major investments to support transformational change and economic and social structural reforms across Scotland.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Tell It To The Bees
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Glasgow Film Festival: Mother’s Instinct
- Glasgow Goes Green
- Wassail Queens Park
- OK Fest – Kilmacolm’s Festival of Sound
- Waiting for Godot, Websters
- Barras Food Truck Fest
- Stand in Solidarity with the Stansted 15
- Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli
- Creative Pathways Designed by Disruption, Impact Arts
- 6th This Is Not A Burns Night, Govanhill Baths review Pat Byrne
- Wee Write 2019
- Curtain Set to Rise on Celtic Connections 2019
- Blueprint: Theorum CCA
- Fairytale Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair By Bohemia