Lynn Howarth, Glasgow Artist – art for sale, commissions and exhibitions
Lynn Howarth is a Glasgow Artist, who works mainly in pastels, charcoal and chalk – attracted by the tactility of this type of medium.
‘I love the physicality of connecting with the paper as I blend and push the intensely coloured powdered pigments into the grain of the surface. I find it a deeply satisfying creative experience.’
In April 2016 Lynn won the Pastel Guild of Europe Get Dusty challenge with her landscape with no green called Sunset at Las Descargues – a piece she created when when on holiday in Septembe 2015 in the beautiful Lot region of France.
As well as exhibiting at a variety of art exhibitions, Lynn also takes commissions for her work, working from life or photographs. Information about commissions.
Currently her work is on show at Art for Heart Sake at The Store Interiors, Munro Place, Anniesland.
10 April – 7 May, 2017
Affordable Art –
Limited Edition of 50 Giclee Prints
Lynn offers a range of limited edition prints for sale. Buy online
This will soon include a new painting ‘That West End Vibe’, painted from a photograph by Jim Byrne.
Lynn’s influences come from a broad variety of artists such as Bacon Carravagio, Freud, Klimt, Lautrec , Manet, Mucha and Schiele.’
This section: Art & artists Glasgow West End
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End
One response to “Lynn Howarth, Glasgow Artist – art for sale, commissions and exhibitions”
- Summer Time, Summer Place Thistle Gallery
- Fashion Design Students Showcase Degree Show 2019
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2019
- Rites of Spring, Thistle Gallery
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- Hand Drawn Action Packed The Hunterian
- ‘I Say Nothing’ Kelvingrove – introduction by Christine Borland
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection ProjectAbility
- Passing Moments Caught in Time…. Thistle Gallery
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- Leonardo 500 Day, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Nichol Wheatley’s art depicting the tale of Tam O’Shanter at OranMor
- Poetry: Lahore, I am coming by Rizwan Akhtar
- Falling Leaves Exhibition at The Thistle Gallery
- National Poetry Day 2018 – Glasgow Poets
- Brushes With War – WW1 Centenary Celebrations, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Talks at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- William Hunter Tercentenary Exhibition The Hunterian