Luminate Festival: Autumn Voices with Carl MacDougall plus open mic at Waterstones, 10th October, 2017
1 – 31 October, 2017
Tuesday 10th October, 2017 at 2.15-3.45 pm at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow.
Introduction – Robin Lloyd-Jones
Carl MacDougall will talk about his recent short story collection, Someone Always Robs the Poor. (20 minutes)
Carl MacDougall has written three prize-winning novels, four pamphlets and four collections of short stories, two works of non-fiction and has edited four anthologies, including the best selling The Devil and the Giro. He has written and presented two major television series for BBC 2, is President of Scottish PEN, an Honorary Fellow of the Association for Scottish Literary Studies and is probably working on too many things.
Open mike session – 5 minutes each
A C Clarke
Sheila Templeton .
Call 0141 332 9105 for details
Waterstones Sauchiehall Street, Second Floor Cafe, 153-157 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow Metropolitan Area G2 3EW
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine