Love Words at GOMA, Thursday 13th February, Federation of Writers Scotland
Thursday 13th February – 2:00pm until 6:30pm
GOMA Library, Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow G1 3AH
Love Words is an event organised by the Federation of Writers (Scotland) and which takes place in GoMA Library in Royal Exchange Square on Thursday 13th February from 2-6:30. The event is an open mic drop-in event, so no-one is expected to stay for the whole time unless they want to.
Whether you are in love, have lost love, found new love or would love to find love this is the event for you. Valentine rhymes, terse verse and postman’s entreaties all have a place alongside sonnets and villanelles.
A variety of poems and stories will be themed under the broad umbrella of Love, to include myths, folklore, contemporary and period pieces.
There will also be the chance to buy locally produced anthologies, especially the New Voices publications, as well as picking up membership forms and material explaining the aims and intents of the Federation.
The GoMA Library has an excellent Cafe which is open during the event and permission has been granted for your cafe purchases to be consumed in the performance area.
Guaranteed to be a busy session so please book your slot early. Anyone interested in participating should contact Anne Clarke
This is a public space, so readers are asked to prepare material which will suit a mixed audience.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Valentine's Day in Glasgow 2014
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- West End Shop Fronts, Virtual Tour Kelvin Hall
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Get Your Scots Wirds Oot and Caa Awa!
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne