Lorna Goodison, Poet Laureate of Jamaica in Conversation with Louise Welsh
University of Glasgow
Thursday, 14 March, 2019, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
This is a rare opportunity to share an evening with Lorna Goodison, Poet Laureate of Jamaica, and one of the most distinguished writers of her generation.
Lorna Goodison is the Poet Laureate of Jamaica. She is the recipient of numerous prizes for her work, including the 2018 Windham Campbell Prize for Poetry from Yale University. The author of twelve collections of poetry, three collections of short stories, an award winning memoir and a collection of essays. Her work has been included in the major anthologies and collections of contemporary poetry published in the United States, Europe and the West Indies over the past thirty years, including the Norton Anthology of Modern and Contemporary Poetry (2003) as well as the HarperCollins World Reader, the Vintage Book of Contemporary World Poetry, The Norton Anthology of World Masterpieces, and Longman Masters of British Literature (2006). She is Professor Emerita in the Department of English at the Centre for African and Afroamerican Studies at the University of Michigan.
In association with the Scottish Poetry Library
Free (Register at Eventbrite)
Bute Hall, University of Glasgow, University Avenue Glasgow, Scotland G12 8QQ
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- West End Shop Fronts, Virtual Tour Kelvin Hall
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Get Your Scots Wirds Oot and Caa Awa!
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne