Lola in Slacks Single Launch at Websters
2 March, 2019, 7.30 p.m.
Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
After a series of attention grabbing performances around Glasgow, louche bohemians Lola in Slacks release their new single ‘Postscript in Blue’ with a live show at the bijou ‘Webster’s Theatre’ in Glasgow’s West End.
Fronted by spellbinding chanteuse Lou Reid, Lola in Slacks exude the garage swagger of The Velvet Underground spiked with the bold confidence and freedom of Tim Buckley. Having developed her distinctive vocal and performance style busking on the streets of Paris as a raw 19 year old, Reid brings a Piaf-like authority to the group’s noir atmospherics. Reid’s affaire de coeur with Scotland’s ancient ally runs through the band’s songs.
Their indelible songs are written by Reid and guitarist Brian McFie and brought to life with the help of a stellar line-up featuring Lesley McLaren on drums, Davy Irvin on bass and Fiona Shannon on keys. Produced by Gordon Keen (BMX bandits, Captain America & Eugenius).
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Seven Song Club, Lynnie Carson , Rebecca Jordan and Bearpit Brothers
- The Carlton 3, Peat Stew at The Shandon Belles The Buttery
- Jen Fairgrieve at Tchai Ovna House of Tea
- Songs in the South: David Starr, Martha L Healy and Al Shields
- St Louis Jam Sessions
- Dave Arcari and Sean Oliver, The Record Factory
- Jimmy Fast Keys – A Tribute
- Nick Harper: 58 Fordwych Road
- Lolita Jackson at The Blue Arrow
- Let Me Entertain You, Fundraiser Kilbryde Hospice
- Urban Voodoo Machine Cottiers
- Shamanic at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Martha L. Healy, Flew the Arrow, Rosie Bans Seven Song Club
- Spangled Cabaret at The Blue Arrow
- Linda Jaxson at Avant Garde
- Edwyn Collins at Monorail Music
- Hannah Aldridge and the Goat Roper Band
- Ras Digby (Sir Jessus Soundsystem) The Rum Shack
- Love Music Hate Racism at The Blue Arrow