Lola in Slacks Single Launch at Websters
2 March, 2019, 7.30 p.m.
Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
After a series of attention grabbing performances around Glasgow, louche bohemians Lola in Slacks release their new single ‘Postscript in Blue’ with a live show at the bijou ‘Webster’s Theatre’ in Glasgow’s West End.
Fronted by spellbinding chanteuse Lou Reid, Lola in Slacks exude the garage swagger of The Velvet Underground spiked with the bold confidence and freedom of Tim Buckley. Having developed her distinctive vocal and performance style busking on the streets of Paris as a raw 19 year old, Reid brings a Piaf-like authority to the group’s noir atmospherics. Reid’s affaire de coeur with Scotland’s ancient ally runs through the band’s songs.
Their indelible songs are written by Reid and guitarist Brian McFie and brought to life with the help of a stellar line-up featuring Lesley McLaren on drums, Davy Irvin on bass and Fiona Shannon on keys. Produced by Gordon Keen (BMX bandits, Captain America & Eugenius).
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Open Mic Tuesdays at Queen Margaret Union
- Lola in Slacks Single Launch at Websters
- Dave Arcari and Andres Roots
- Pucinni’s La Bohème in Paisley
- The Wellgreen, Stilton and Big Hogg
- Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli
- Word Jazzology 16 February, 2019
- Celtic Connections: Carla J Easton and Mark McGowan, OranMor
- World Without Walls with musician and songwriter Brian McFall
- Sophie Rocks, Harpist – ‘Notes from Shetland to Shanghai’
- Curtain Set to Rise on Celtic Connections 2019
- Shoot the Craw, Farewell Gig
- Fiskur and Lizzie Reid, King Tuts
- Emily Punton , Websters
- John Martyn Remembrance Gig with Alan Murphy
- Control Social Club at Broadcast
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Love Music Hate Racism, The Arlington
- The Primevals, Winter Initiative Night Shelter Fundraiser, Mono
- Colonel Mustard and the Dijon 5, Barrowland, After Party at the Art School