Live at the Star, June, 2014
All gigs at The Admiral, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA 8 p.m.
Powerful, hugely moving, warm, humane, inspired, funny and gut wrenchingly honest. These are just some of the superlatives used to describe Vin’s performance this year. This international, award winning, singer songwriter is completing his 40th year on the road. WINNER of BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards “Best Live Act” Award 2001
Back in 1970, a young Tyneside guitarist named Rod Clements wrote a song called ‘Meet Me on the Corner’. It became a top ten hit for Rod’s band Lindisfarne, paving the way for the group’s many years of international success. Three decades later ‘Meet Me On The Corner’ is a perennial favourite of the airwaves. Rod Clements is one of the most widely respected figures in British folk roots.
“SMALL GUY, BIG VOICE, SHARP WIT”
Six words that sum up a man with a load of talent and the experience to back it up.
Well known for the voice, the driving guitar and the wicked sense of fun, more than forty years on the road have brought a richness to the voice and a dryness to the humour which wins any audience.
Tich’s repertoire can best be described as eclectic. It ranges through traditional and modern Scottish songs, Burns, his own compositions, hilarious parodies and music hall songs to contemporary classics all linked together with his inventive off the cuff stories.
This section: Gig Guide, Star Folk Club
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Da Capo Alba guitar and mandolin orchestra Cottiers
- Nekkuro Hana, Kundalini Genie + Pelican Tusk, The Hug and Pint
- Album Launch: The Kundalini Genie ‘It’s All In Your Head’
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Electric Frog and Pressure Riverside Festival
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Carnival of the Dark Arts
- Sid Griffin and Peter Case Doublet Bar
- Bone Idle Bros, Starry Skies and Slipper Elm The Britannica Panopticon
- West End Festival: The Luthiers’ Concert Websters Theatre
- André Krengel & Roland Krause, Websters Theatre
- West End Festival: Songbird: Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers
- Hayes Carll plus Travis Linnvale, Cottiers