Live at the Star, June, 2014
All gigs at The Admiral, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA 8 p.m.
Powerful, hugely moving, warm, humane, inspired, funny and gut wrenchingly honest. These are just some of the superlatives used to describe Vin’s performance this year. This international, award winning, singer songwriter is completing his 40th year on the road. WINNER of BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards “Best Live Act” Award 2001
Back in 1970, a young Tyneside guitarist named Rod Clements wrote a song called ‘Meet Me on the Corner’. It became a top ten hit for Rod’s band Lindisfarne, paving the way for the group’s many years of international success. Three decades later ‘Meet Me On The Corner’ is a perennial favourite of the airwaves. Rod Clements is one of the most widely respected figures in British folk roots.
“SMALL GUY, BIG VOICE, SHARP WIT”
Six words that sum up a man with a load of talent and the experience to back it up.
Well known for the voice, the driving guitar and the wicked sense of fun, more than forty years on the road have brought a richness to the voice and a dryness to the humour which wins any audience.
Tich’s repertoire can best be described as eclectic. It ranges through traditional and modern Scottish songs, Burns, his own compositions, hilarious parodies and music hall songs to contemporary classics all linked together with his inventive off the cuff stories.
This section: Gig Guide, Star Folk Club
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe
- Barras Fest Glasgow 2019
- Twilight in the Crypt Glasgow Cathedral Festival
- Glasgow R&B Society: Rab Noakes & Fraser Speirs Cottiers
- No Serco Evictions Fundraiser at McChuills
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- JJ Gilmour and Adriana Spina at CCA
- Music Broth Summer Fundraising Gig
- The Blue Arrow 59:60 Celebrating the Year that Changed Jazz
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Websters Big Summer Event
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Her Crooked Heart The Doublet