Live at the Star Club, 18 November – 2 December, 2014
All gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm.
For 40 years he has been considered as the consummate performer, a writer of literary gracefulness whose troubadour chronicles encapsulate the realism of otherwise unsung heroes, otherwise uncharted lives. His songs are faultlessly constructed and flawlessly performed, with his instantly recognisable voice, attractively dark and mellow, and his intricately detailed yet full-sounding guitar playing. His songs are written from a lifetime of travelling; always the observer passing through, each song is a vignette of life, like a story told over a drink in a bar.
Rebecca Wright & Donald McKay
Rebecca & Donald’s music has been likened to that of a good Scotch whisky: delightfully smooth, full of character and highly addictive. With voices that can instantly transport you to another place and time, Donald’s traditional and original songs from his native Scotland are beautifully complemented by Rebecca’s insightful Australian originals and thoughtful selection of contemporary gems.
Winners of ‘The Danny Kyle Open Stage’ at Celtic Connections 2012, Barluath are a Scottish folk band based in Glasgow made up of five students from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. They embrace a wide range of musical styles including Scots and Gaelic Song, Bagpipes, Whistles, fiddle, Guitar, Mandolin, Bass, Clarinet and Piano. With these instruments the band members explore both the Traditional and Contemporary music of Scotland.
This section: Gig Guide, Star Folk Club
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Gavin Paterson Nova Scotia Folk Club
- The Wellgreen, Stilton, KiDD, West of Scotland Cricket Club
- David Rovics at the Doublet Bar
- Spangled Cabaret October 2018
- Starry Skies Album Launch, OranMor
- Fail Better Open Mic, Villiers & Co
- Jim Byrne, The Basement Jam, Tennent’s Bar, Glasgow
- Fara, OranMor, Glasgow
- Brooks Williams Sounds in the Suburbs, The Doublet
- Seven Song Club, LOOPER and Wholly…..Cats
- Linda Jaxson Band at St Louis Cafe/Bar, Glasgow
- Songs of the Silver Screen, OranMor
- Yvonne Lyon and Eilidh Patterson, The Glad Cafe
- Ethan Johns, Love Music Glasgow
- Women at Carlton Studios, Glasgow, Monthly Event
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, 24 August, 2018
- Word Jazzology, Glasgow 30 August 2018
- Musicians in Exile, The Pearce Institute
- Martha L Healy, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe