Live at the Star Club, 18 November – 2 December, 2014
All gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm.
For 40 years he has been considered as the consummate performer, a writer of literary gracefulness whose troubadour chronicles encapsulate the realism of otherwise unsung heroes, otherwise uncharted lives. His songs are faultlessly constructed and flawlessly performed, with his instantly recognisable voice, attractively dark and mellow, and his intricately detailed yet full-sounding guitar playing. His songs are written from a lifetime of travelling; always the observer passing through, each song is a vignette of life, like a story told over a drink in a bar.
Rebecca Wright & Donald McKay
Rebecca & Donald’s music has been likened to that of a good Scotch whisky: delightfully smooth, full of character and highly addictive. With voices that can instantly transport you to another place and time, Donald’s traditional and original songs from his native Scotland are beautifully complemented by Rebecca’s insightful Australian originals and thoughtful selection of contemporary gems.
Winners of ‘The Danny Kyle Open Stage’ at Celtic Connections 2012, Barluath are a Scottish folk band based in Glasgow made up of five students from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. They embrace a wide range of musical styles including Scots and Gaelic Song, Bagpipes, Whistles, fiddle, Guitar, Mandolin, Bass, Clarinet and Piano. With these instruments the band members explore both the Traditional and Contemporary music of Scotland.
This section: Gig Guide, Star Folk Club
- Dave Arcari, Hug and Pint, Glasgow Saturday 3 March, 2018
- Linda Jaxson Band, St Louis Cafe Bar, Partick Saturday 24 February, 2018
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- The Blue Arrow Club – New Home of Jazz in Glasgow
- The Shires, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Session A9 Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Paul young with Los Pacaminos, The Venue, OranMor, Glasgow
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Seven Song Club The Wellgreen / Secret Goldfish / Cara Rose, The Tron
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Lisa Kowalski at King Tut’s
- The Primevals, The Reverse Cowgirls and The Kundalini Genie, Seven Song Club
- Lola in Slacks + special guests, CCA
- Spangled Cabaret 10 BirthdayParty, Rio Pop Up
- The Skids and From The Jam Kelvingrove Bandstand 17 June, 2018
- Dona Oxford, OranMor, Glasgow 16 February, 2018
- Celtic Connections 2018 – Highlights from Scots Whay Hae!
- The Friction Burns Supper, Rio Pop Up, Glasgow