Live at the Star Club, 18 November – 2 December, 2014
All gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm.
For 40 years he has been considered as the consummate performer, a writer of literary gracefulness whose troubadour chronicles encapsulate the realism of otherwise unsung heroes, otherwise uncharted lives. His songs are faultlessly constructed and flawlessly performed, with his instantly recognisable voice, attractively dark and mellow, and his intricately detailed yet full-sounding guitar playing. His songs are written from a lifetime of travelling; always the observer passing through, each song is a vignette of life, like a story told over a drink in a bar.
Rebecca Wright & Donald McKay
Rebecca & Donald’s music has been likened to that of a good Scotch whisky: delightfully smooth, full of character and highly addictive. With voices that can instantly transport you to another place and time, Donald’s traditional and original songs from his native Scotland are beautifully complemented by Rebecca’s insightful Australian originals and thoughtful selection of contemporary gems.
Winners of ‘The Danny Kyle Open Stage’ at Celtic Connections 2012, Barluath are a Scottish folk band based in Glasgow made up of five students from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. They embrace a wide range of musical styles including Scots and Gaelic Song, Bagpipes, Whistles, fiddle, Guitar, Mandolin, Bass, Clarinet and Piano. With these instruments the band members explore both the Traditional and Contemporary music of Scotland.
This section: Gig Guide, Star Folk Club
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Primevals, Winter Initiative Night Shelter Fundraiser, Mono
- Andy White, The Doublet
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- The Slow Readers Club at The Art School
- The Parlotones at OranMor
- Spangled Cabaret The Blue Arrow
- Bahookie, Christmas Party at Cottiers
- Life’s A Drag, Stereo
- Carlton Jug Band at The Clutha
- Dave Arcari at King Tuts
- Ben Kunder, The Doublet
- The Starry Skies with support from The Social, The Bungalow
- Jim McAteer, Seven Song Club
- Luca Manning and Finn Bradley – The Music of Chet Baker
- The Muse at St Louis – A Night of Justice
- The Duncan McCrone Band, Gartmore Village Hall
- Christine Bovill at OranMor