Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
Hebridean Colourist Paintings
Saturday 2 June until Sunday 10 June, 2018
Veneer, 1184 Argyle Street, G3 8TE
The light is always changing in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland making the dramatic scenery forever changeable in colour, tone and intensity.
Vic Rodrick’s work tries to embrace the subtle nature of these changes on the white, shell-sand beaches, clear turquoise waters and magnificent mountains of the West Coast.
Landscapes and seascapes evolve under the light of the sun or the moon bringing new perspectives for the viewer to appreciate.
The artist works from a top-floor studio at The Hive at 1069 Argyle St, G3 8LZ in the vibrant Finnieston neighbourhood.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2019
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection Project Ability
- Rites of Spring, Thistle Gallery
- Spring Chinese Craft Fair, M Gallery Glasgow
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- The German Revolution: Expressionist Prints Lunchtime Talks Programme
- Hand Drawn Action Packed The Hunterian
- ‘I Say Nothing’ Kelvingrove – introduction by Christine Borland
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection ProjectAbility
- Glasgow School of Art MFA MFA WIP Screening 2, CCA
- Passing Moments Caught in Time…. Thistle Gallery
- The German Revolution at the Hunterian Art Gallery
- Nelson Mandela The Centenary Exhibition The Lighthouse
- Katherine MacBride – Having Been Breathed Out / Patriarchy Over and Out