A Life in Letterpress at The Lighthouse until 5th March, 2017
A Life in Letterpress
Alan Kitching is one of the world’s foremost practitioners of letterpress typographic design and printmaking. He is renowned for his expressive use of wood and metal letterforms in creating visuals for commissions and his own limited edition prints.
This exhibition is a major retrospective of Alan Kitching’s life and work based on his much anticipated monograph published by Laurence King, titled: Alan Kitching: A Life in Letterpress. It will span the six decades he has spent at the forefront of typographical design.
His bold, elegant work will be on show along with sketchbooks, proofs, artefacts and equipment from his studio.
Image copyright: Helen Cathcart / Be-Bolder.com
11 Mitchell Lane
Glasgow, Scotland G1 3NU
Monday to Saturday
10.30am – 5.00pm Sunday
12.00pm – 5.00pm
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Jingle All The Way, GFT
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Been So Long GFT
- A Letter to Nan – women-only creative writing workshop
- Glasgow Feminist Arts Festival, CCA
- Liam McIlvanney, Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Scribes (calligraphy).
- The Slow Readers Club at The Art School
- Book Week Scotland: Worlds of Ursula K. Le Guin Documentary GFT
- Book Week Scotland 2018 – Events at Arlington Baths Club
- Oklahoma, Kings Theatre Glasgow
- It Is Easy To Be Dead, OranMor
- Poetry at Inn Deep with Cat Hepburn
- Dance Along Movie, Trolls
- The Parlotones at OranMor
- Book Week Scotland: Denise Mina and Liam McIlvaney
- Take 2. Belle and Sebastian 3 Friends Forever, GFT
- Widows GFT