The Letter, A Play A Pie and A Pint, OranMor, Mon, 12 September, 2016 — Sat, 17 September, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Mon, 12 September, 2016 — Sat, 17 September, 2016
By Stuart Paterson | Directed By David McKay
Featuring John Kazek, Billy Riddoch and Laurie Ventry.
Adapted by Stuart Paterson from the delightfully wise and funny short story by Anton Chekhov.
Archdeacon Orlov is exhausted after his Easter sermons, Father Andrey is desperate to save his reprobate son, and Father Anastasy is dying for a glass of vodka, but if the Archdeacon’s magnificent letter to the boy can’t help, then what can? How can we be true to our better selves when duty gets in the way of love?
Stuart Paterson His many stageplays include King of the Fields, Moon Street and new versions of Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard, Uncle Vanya, The Seagull and Three Sisters, and Strindberg’s Comrades. He has recently completed a stage adaptation of Chekhov’s story The Black Monk, and a new play Cars and Boys was staged in Spring 2014 at Dundee Repertory Theatre. He is currently working on a screen adaptation of Doctor Glas by Hjalmar Soderberg His children’s plays, first performed at The Glasgow Citizens’ Theatre and The Edinburgh Lyceum Theatre have since been staged throughout the UK, and recently in the USA, Finland, Holland, Sweden and by Den Nationale Scene in Norway, the theatre founded by Ibsen, and by Theater Der Jugend in Vienna.
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
08444 771 000
At the box office on the day.
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Lucky, GFT
- American Animals, GFT
- Make Me Up at GFT
- First Reformed GFT
- A Northern Soul, GFT
- The Greatest Showman Sing-a-long, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Taggart Pilot Screening, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Vagabond GFT
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Womens Work 100, Fairfield Govan
- Soft Cell One Final Time, Live from London, GFT
- ‘Young Solitude’ Review by Lola Rose
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- Minis Rugby Hillhead Sports Club