The Letter, A Play A Pie and A Pint, OranMor, Mon, 12 September, 2016 — Sat, 17 September, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Mon, 12 September, 2016 — Sat, 17 September, 2016
By Stuart Paterson | Directed By David McKay
Featuring John Kazek, Billy Riddoch and Laurie Ventry.
Adapted by Stuart Paterson from the delightfully wise and funny short story by Anton Chekhov.
Archdeacon Orlov is exhausted after his Easter sermons, Father Andrey is desperate to save his reprobate son, and Father Anastasy is dying for a glass of vodka, but if the Archdeacon’s magnificent letter to the boy can’t help, then what can? How can we be true to our better selves when duty gets in the way of love?
Stuart Paterson His many stageplays include King of the Fields, Moon Street and new versions of Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard, Uncle Vanya, The Seagull and Three Sisters, and Strindberg’s Comrades. He has recently completed a stage adaptation of Chekhov’s story The Black Monk, and a new play Cars and Boys was staged in Spring 2014 at Dundee Repertory Theatre. He is currently working on a screen adaptation of Doctor Glas by Hjalmar Soderberg His children’s plays, first performed at The Glasgow Citizens’ Theatre and The Edinburgh Lyceum Theatre have since been staged throughout the UK, and recently in the USA, Finland, Holland, Sweden and by Den Nationale Scene in Norway, the theatre founded by Ibsen, and by Theater Der Jugend in Vienna.
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
08444 771 000
At the box office on the day.
- Gavin Sutherland ‘ Swinging Christmas’ at Glasgow City Halls
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- M Gallery, Winter Exhibition Launch
- The Matrix, The Arches, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- SUSTAIN £200 bursary available for Community Cinema Projects
- Home Alone GFT