The Letter, A Play A Pie and A Pint, OranMor, Mon, 12 September, 2016 — Sat, 17 September, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Mon, 12 September, 2016 — Sat, 17 September, 2016
By Stuart Paterson | Directed By David McKay
Featuring John Kazek, Billy Riddoch and Laurie Ventry.
Adapted by Stuart Paterson from the delightfully wise and funny short story by Anton Chekhov.
Archdeacon Orlov is exhausted after his Easter sermons, Father Andrey is desperate to save his reprobate son, and Father Anastasy is dying for a glass of vodka, but if the Archdeacon’s magnificent letter to the boy can’t help, then what can? How can we be true to our better selves when duty gets in the way of love?
Stuart Paterson His many stageplays include King of the Fields, Moon Street and new versions of Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard, Uncle Vanya, The Seagull and Three Sisters, and Strindberg’s Comrades. He has recently completed a stage adaptation of Chekhov’s story The Black Monk, and a new play Cars and Boys was staged in Spring 2014 at Dundee Repertory Theatre. He is currently working on a screen adaptation of Doctor Glas by Hjalmar Soderberg His children’s plays, first performed at The Glasgow Citizens’ Theatre and The Edinburgh Lyceum Theatre have since been staged throughout the UK, and recently in the USA, Finland, Holland, Sweden and by Den Nationale Scene in Norway, the theatre founded by Ibsen, and by Theater Der Jugend in Vienna.
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
08444 771 000
At the box office on the day.
- Generations Working Together, Conference, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Dave Arcari, Hug and Pint, Glasgow Saturday 3 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Unexploded Ordnances, The Platform, Glasgow 26 May, 2018
- Film Listings at GFT, March 2018
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Roteract Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Linda Jaxson Band, St Louis Cafe Bar, Partick Saturday 24 February, 2018
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Film Screening – Moonlight and Carol double feature, LGBT History Month QMU
- The Motherf**cker With The Hat, The Tron, Glasgow
- Dick Gaughan Tribute Concert at Celtic Connections 2018 – photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Blue Rose Code at Celtic Connections 2018 photos and review Pauline Keightley
- The Shape of Water, GFT
- Call Me By Your Name, GFT