Leiper’s Attic, new restaurant at Cottiers, Glasgow.
Cottiers, 93 – 95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU
Leiper’s Attic, Cottier’s new restaurant launching in Septemer, 2017, is named after William Leiper, who built the Dowanhill Church in 1865, working with Daniel Cottier, the Glaswegian artist and designer, to create this wonderful building.
The restaurant will be situated upstairs above the bar– originally the Session House, the Church’s court where the behaviour of reprobates was judged and punishment, such as suspension from the church, meted out.
It’s all set to be a more joyous place when Leiper’s Attic launches its new menu for diners to enjoy in this historical setting. With a focus on Scottish and seasonal produce, choices will include: wild fish dishes, game and the house’s special dry aged beef.
“We have dry aging fridges in the restaurant itself, where the beef will dry age in house.’ You’ll also be able to enjoy Cottier’s very own Speyside ‘Leiper’s Attic Whisky’.
Delightful choices from the menu will include:
Pheasant breast and leg with shallots, charred leeks, broccoli and Arran mustard.
Hand dived Scottish scallops with lemon, whisky, baby capers and sea herbs
Pigeon breast with puy lentils, red cabbage and smoked bacon.
Turbot with artichokes, capers and heritage carrots
Everyone at Cottiers is very excited about the launch of Leiper’s Attic – ‘the latest addition to Glasgow West End’s dining scene’.
“Scotland has some of the finest produce in the world when it comes to wild fish, game and steak – our new Head Chef, Graham Gardner and his team, will showcase this in the enticing new menu.” Andy McCartney, Cottiers Operations Director.
Leiper’s Attic, Cottiers, 93 – 95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU
This section: Eating and drinking Glasgow West End, Scottish Restaurants
- Platform Food and Farmers Market Glasgow
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018
- Special Offer at Dining In, Mother India, Glasgow
- Summer Evening Menu at Eusebi
- The Bird Cage, Pop Up Restaurant, Tontine Lane Glasgow
- Brooklyn On Tour Comes To Glasgow
- Glasgow’s Big Feed, Govan, 8 and 9 September, 2018
- Mary Irvine blogging about A Goodbye Lunch
- Hillhead Bookclub Restaurant review Pat Byrne
- Big Feed Street Food Special, Govan
- World Disco Soup, CCA, Glasgow
- La Lanterna West End review by Pat Byrne
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Mother India – A La Carte Menu and Lunch at The Den
- Peter Houghton Art at Eusebi Easter, 2018
- Mother India Glasgow – early evening and lunch menu
- Eusebi – enjoy a lovely Mother’s Day in Glasgow West End
- Mother’s Day 2018 at Leiper’s Attic
- Beefcake Cafe, Anniesland