Launch of Outside Verdun at the Goethe-Institut in Glasgowm Gutter Mag, 22nd May
Launch of Outside Verdun at the Goethe-Institut in Glasgow
22nd May at 6.30 p.m.
We’re holding a launch for Outside Verdun at the Goethe-Institut in Glasgow, to which you are all very welcome.
A stunning new translation of a forgotten masterpiece of First World War German literature, never before published in the UK, Arnold Zweig’s Outside Verdun will be launching at the Goethe-Institut Glasgow on Thursday 22nd of May at 6.30pm.
Fiona Rintoul, the translator of Zweig’s novel, and David Midgley, Professor of German Literature and Intellectual History at the University of Cambridge, will both be in attendance.
Fiona Rintoul is a writer and translator based in Glasgow and she is a past winner of the Gillian Purvis new writing award and the Sceptre prize. Her debut novel Leipzig won the Virginia Prize for Fiction 2014 and will be published in October 2014.
David Midgley has written extensively on German literature and thought of the period since 1890 and has contributed especially to the interpretation of the writings of Arnold Zweig. His most recent book is a comprehensive study of the literature of the Weimar Republic entitled Writing Weimar.
Thursday 22nd May at 6.30pm
3 Park Circus
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper