Languages Short Courses Open Evening, University of Glasgow
4 September, 2019 – 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
University of Glasgow, St Andrews Building, 11 Eldon Street, G3 6NH
Would you like to speak another language but not sure if you can? Or perhaps, you want to sign up for a language course but not sure which is the right level?
Come along to open evening to find out what’s involved in learning a language on one of Glasgow University’s short courses and meet the wonderful people teaching them. Tutors will be able to discuss your needs and find the right level of course to join.
There are 16 languages available for study in 2019-20. Everyone can learn a language at any age and classes are sociable. In learning and practising how to speak a language, you have to speak to other people, so it is common to talk to other students, in pairs, constantly changing partners so that you quickly get to know everyone in the class, learn in a safe environment, and not forced to speak out in front of a whole class.
Quickly learn vocabulary and phrases for quick communication but also learn the structure of the languag. Engage in serious learning but also have fun.
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Through Black Spruce, GFT
- BlacKkKlansman, GFT
- Chic-raq GFT
- A Faithful Man, GFT
- Pain and Glory, GFT
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Kelvin Hall 2019
- Gaza GFT
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day