Lal Batti Express (Red Light Express) by Kranti, Cottiers, 30 and 31 August, 2017
Cottier, 95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU
Wednesday 30th and Thursday 31st August 2017
Free Entry. Donations gratefully accepted at the door. No need to book in advance.
Kranti (Revolution) is a charitable organisation that educates and empowers childhood survivors of trafficking or daughters of sex workers from Mumbai’s infamous red-light districts to become agents of social change.
In 2014, Kranti’s girls (aged 13 to 22) wrote, directed and performed a play and shared it across dozens of local theatres and festivals of India, thus helping to change the attitudes of thousands of people towards sex workers and their children. Their latest play, Lal Batti Express (Red-Light Express), is a compilation of their life stories and experiences and has surmounted all obstacles to successfully tour England, Wales and Scotland, most recently enjoying an acclaimed stint at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
This is the journey of the ‘Krantikaris’ (Revolutionaries) through their past, present and future. Their stories move and inspire, and the girls open minds and win hearts with their generous energy and powerful resilience, wherever they go.
This is a Free event funded by well wishers in collaboration with Cottiers. If you can Donate to the ever-present costs of nourishing, educating and fuelling these girls towards aspirational futures, please visit onekindact.org/charity/kranti
This is a seated event. Seats are available as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
Doors open 7pm. Show starts 7.30pm
Performance lasts approximately 50 minutes, followed by Q&A
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT