La Lanterna West End review by Pat Byrne
I’ve been planning to go along to La Lanterna at Kelvinbridge since it opened in September, 2017. I eventually made it last night, when Margaret and I went along with Val for a belated celebration for her birthday.
The restaurant looks very appealing from the outside and the interior is equally bright and attractive, we all want the pearly grey wooden floors for our houses. The staff were very welcoming and Megan gave us a choice as where we wanted to sit.
We met Val right after work so after studying the different menus we opted for the pre-theatre choice – a deal at £14.95 for two courses or £16.95 for three courses. We had the two courses with extra side dishes to share. We all went for the sea bass, which was exceptional and just melted in your mouth. I loved the topping of tiny, juicy and deliciously flavoured tomatoes. The presentation was perfect.
Val had crispy fried whitebait served with garlic aioli to start – a generous portion, so we all had a taste. Margaret chose Nutella & White Chocolate Torte with Vanilla Ice Cream for her sweet and I had Tiramasu in Tazza, served in a deep cup.
Everything was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect with staff, Lorenzo from Tuscany, Umberto from Sardinia and, of course, the lovely Glaswegian Megan, providing a very friendly, efficient and unobtrusive service.
Little surprise La Lanterna West’s picking up awards including Bookatable’s Best Scottish Restaurant 2017.
Must go back soon and sample the Maccheroni or Handmade Gnocchi with Homemade Pesto from the a la carte menu.
Pat Byrne, April, 2018
La Lanterna West End
447 Great Western Road
T: 0141 334 0686
This section: Eating and drinking Glasgow West End, Italian Restaurants
- Glasgow’s Big Feed, Govan, 10 – 11 November, 2018
- La Lanterna West End Happy First Birthday
- Platform Food and Farmers Market Glasgow
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018
- Special Offer at Dining In, Mother India, Glasgow
- Summer Evening Menu at Eusebi
- The Bird Cage, Pop Up Restaurant, Tontine Lane Glasgow
- Brooklyn On Tour Comes To Glasgow
- Mary Irvine blogging about A Goodbye Lunch
- Hillhead Bookclub Restaurant review Pat Byrne
- Big Feed Street Food Special, Govan
- World Disco Soup, CCA, Glasgow
- La Lanterna West End review by Pat Byrne
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Mother India – A La Carte Menu and Lunch at The Den
- Peter Houghton Art at Eusebi Easter, 2018
- Mother India Glasgow – early evening and lunch menu
- Eusebi – enjoy a lovely Mother’s Day in Glasgow West End
- Mother’s Day 2018 at Leiper’s Attic