La Lanterna West End review by Pat Byrne
I’ve been planning to go along to La Lanterna at Kelvinbridge since it opened in September, 2017. I eventually made it last night, when Margaret and I went along with Val for a belated celebration for her birthday.
The restaurant looks very appealing from the outside and the interior is equally bright and attractive, we all want the pearly grey wooden floors for our houses. The staff were very welcoming and Megan gave us a choice as where we wanted to sit.
We met Val right after work so after studying the different menus we opted for the pre-theatre choice – a deal at £14.95 for two courses or £16.95 for three courses. We had the two courses with extra side dishes to share. We all went for the sea bass, which was exceptional and just melted in your mouth. I loved the topping of tiny, juicy and deliciously flavoured tomatoes. The presentation was perfect.
Val had crispy fried whitebait served with garlic aioli to start – a generous portion, so we all had a taste. Margaret chose Nutella & White Chocolate Torte with Vanilla Ice Cream for her sweet and I had Tiramasu in Tazza, served in a deep cup.
Everything was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect with staff, Lorenzo from Tuscany, Umberto from Sardinia and, of course, the lovely Glaswegian Megan, providing a very friendly, efficient and unobtrusive service.
Little surprise La Lanterna West’s picking up awards including Bookatable’s Best Scottish Restaurant 2017.
Must go back soon and sample the Maccheroni or Handmade Gnocchi with Homemade Pesto from the a la carte menu.
Pat Byrne, April, 2018
La Lanterna West End
447 Great Western Road
T: 0141 334 0686
This section: Eating and drinking Glasgow West End, Italian Restaurants
- Be My Galentine – Dinner for the Ladies in Your Life, The Project Cafe
- Burns Night, Inn Deep
- Òran Mór Burns Night 2019
- Mackintosh at the Willow by Leela Soma
- Mother India Festive Menu 2018
- Mother India A La Carte Christmas Menu
- Eusebi Festive Dining 2018
- Christmas Menus and Exclusive Festive Bookings at Cottiers
- Martha’s Festive Pop Up on Byres Road
- Eusebi Hampers and Pre-prepared Festive Food
- OranMor Party Nights 2018
- Wizarding Dinner, Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Burns Supper and Ceilidh with the Big Stupit Band, Cottiers
- Cottiers Christmas Hut
- Glasgow’s Big Feed, Govan, 10 – 11 November, 2018
- La Lanterna West End Happy First Birthday
- Platform Food and Farmers Market Glasgow
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018