Knit Wild Crafternoon and Yarnbombing, The Children’s Wood, 24 May, 2015
Knit Wild Crafternoon and Yarnbombing for Voluntary Arts Week
Kelbourne St Scout Hall
Sunday 24th May, 1-5pm
Join us in making a wild and woolly yarnbomb of The Children’s Wood as part of Voluntary Arts Week. Free craft activities for all ages. Complete beginners welcome. Expert knitters come and share your skills!
Knit Wild Crafternoon and Yarnbombing will bring people across the community together to make something fabulous! At this free event complete beginners young and old can learn to knit, crochet and take part in woolcraft activities suitable for younger children. More experienced crafters can share their skills with others, as well as pick up some new ones.
We will hang up our wild and woolly creations in The Children’s Wood, as a springtime yarnbomb to celebrate the wonderful wildlife here on our doorstep and raise awareness of the natural world around us.
We’ll be making things inside the Scout Hall (Kelbourne Street, G20 8PR) opposite The Children’s Wood, as well as outdoor activities and yarnbombing outside on the North Kelvin Meadow. There will also be free facepainting and refreshments for donations raise money for The Children’s Wood.
No need to bring your own yarn and needles unless you want to!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people
- The Muppet Christmas Carol, GFT
- Frozen Sing-a-long GFT
- Christmas Caroling
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Make Do And Mend, Repair Cafe
- Kids Christmas Party Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Primevals, Winter Initiative Night Shelter Fundraiser, Mono
- GRAMNet/BEMIS Film Series Talented & Young: We Are Scotland
- John Maclean Centenary March Glasgow
- Christmas Play in a Day, Hillhead Library
- Art Auction Fundraiser – Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Document Film Festival Glasgow 2018
- Chill Habibi! The Glad Cafe
- A Weakness for Raisins Ester Krumbachová exhibition CCA
- SQIFF 2018 Opening Night Shorts Glasgow Film Theatre