King’s Theatre Glasgow up for top award – voting open until 19 Septembr, 2017
The King’s Glasgow has been nominated for a prestigious accolade in the theatre industry.
The popular venue, which hosts an array of musicals, dramas, comedy and the famous King’s panto, is in with a chance of being crowned the UK’s Most Welcoming Theatre at the UK Theatre Awards.
Voting is now live and theatregoers have until 12noon on Tuesday 19 September to cast their votes.
Everyone who votes will be entered into a draw to win £200 worth of theatre tokens from UK Theatre.
James Haworth, Theatre Director at the venue said: “I encourage anyone who loves the King’s to vote for us as the UK’s Most Welcoming Theatre.
“Our patrons return to the venue time and time again, not only to see the fabulous productions that tour with us, but because of the friendly and welcoming experience they have during their visit.
“Glasgow is renowned as being the friendliest city in the UK and there’s no reason one of its best theatres shouldn’t be too.”
One winner from each regional category will be announced before the overall winner is chosen at the UK Theatre Awards ceremony at London’s Guildhall on Sunday 15 October.
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT