King’s Theatre Glasgow up for top award – voting open until 19 Septembr, 2017
The King’s Glasgow has been nominated for a prestigious accolade in the theatre industry.
The popular venue, which hosts an array of musicals, dramas, comedy and the famous King’s panto, is in with a chance of being crowned the UK’s Most Welcoming Theatre at the UK Theatre Awards.
Voting is now live and theatregoers have until 12noon on Tuesday 19 September to cast their votes.
Everyone who votes will be entered into a draw to win £200 worth of theatre tokens from UK Theatre.
James Haworth, Theatre Director at the venue said: “I encourage anyone who loves the King’s to vote for us as the UK’s Most Welcoming Theatre.
“Our patrons return to the venue time and time again, not only to see the fabulous productions that tour with us, but because of the friendly and welcoming experience they have during their visit.
“Glasgow is renowned as being the friendliest city in the UK and there’s no reason one of its best theatres shouldn’t be too.”
One winner from each regional category will be announced before the overall winner is chosen at the UK Theatre Awards ceremony at London’s Guildhall on Sunday 15 October.
- Singin’ in the Rain, The Seamore
- The Eyes of Orson Welles, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Black 47 GFT
- Anchor and Hope, GFT
- The Wife, GFT
- The Little Stranger, GFT
- European Art Cinema Day, Dogman GFT
- Blueprint Independent Shorts GFT
- Sympathy for Mr Vengeance GFT
- Teenage Scream live Podcast Glasgow Libraries
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Lucky, GFT
- American Animals, GFT
- Make Me Up at GFT
- First Reformed GFT
- A Northern Soul, GFT
- The Greatest Showman Sing-a-long, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Taggart Pilot Screening, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema