King’s Theatre Glasgow up for top award – voting open until 19 Septembr, 2017
The King’s Glasgow has been nominated for a prestigious accolade in the theatre industry.
The popular venue, which hosts an array of musicals, dramas, comedy and the famous King’s panto, is in with a chance of being crowned the UK’s Most Welcoming Theatre at the UK Theatre Awards.
Voting is now live and theatregoers have until 12noon on Tuesday 19 September to cast their votes.
Everyone who votes will be entered into a draw to win £200 worth of theatre tokens from UK Theatre.
James Haworth, Theatre Director at the venue said: “I encourage anyone who loves the King’s to vote for us as the UK’s Most Welcoming Theatre.
“Our patrons return to the venue time and time again, not only to see the fabulous productions that tour with us, but because of the friendly and welcoming experience they have during their visit.
“Glasgow is renowned as being the friendliest city in the UK and there’s no reason one of its best theatres shouldn’t be too.”
One winner from each regional category will be announced before the overall winner is chosen at the UK Theatre Awards ceremony at London’s Guildhall on Sunday 15 October.
- Linda Jaxson at Avant Garde
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Jim Ferguson plus Open Mic
- Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Aye Write 2019: ‘It’s Not About the Burqa’ Mariam Khan, Amna Saleem’ review Mary Irvine
- Aye Write 2019: Murray Pittock
- Aye Write 2019: Alan Brown
- Aye Write 2019 Henry Bell and Cat Boyd
- Womxns Networking Brunch
- Evening of discussion: poetry and film with Sawsan Al-Areeqe
- ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Film Festival 2019 Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sauvage, GFT
- Minding the Gap, GFT
- Tartan Features Beyond Zero, CCA
- Us, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Great Escape with Dan Snow GFT
- Femspectives Film Festival Glasgow
- Out of Blue, GFT
- Wild Rose, GFT
- Laurel and Hardy, Best Before Bed Cinema
- The White Crow GFT