King’s Theatre Glasgow up for top award – voting open until 19 Septembr, 2017
The King’s Glasgow has been nominated for a prestigious accolade in the theatre industry.
The popular venue, which hosts an array of musicals, dramas, comedy and the famous King’s panto, is in with a chance of being crowned the UK’s Most Welcoming Theatre at the UK Theatre Awards.
Voting is now live and theatregoers have until 12noon on Tuesday 19 September to cast their votes.
Everyone who votes will be entered into a draw to win £200 worth of theatre tokens from UK Theatre.
James Haworth, Theatre Director at the venue said: “I encourage anyone who loves the King’s to vote for us as the UK’s Most Welcoming Theatre.
“Our patrons return to the venue time and time again, not only to see the fabulous productions that tour with us, but because of the friendly and welcoming experience they have during their visit.
“Glasgow is renowned as being the friendliest city in the UK and there’s no reason one of its best theatres shouldn’t be too.”
One winner from each regional category will be announced before the overall winner is chosen at the UK Theatre Awards ceremony at London’s Guildhall on Sunday 15 October.
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- The Thursday Show at The Stand, West End Festival 2019
- A Stab in the Dark : Murder on Byres Road West End Festival 2019
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Dusty Won’t Play at OranMor, West End Festival
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- Beatson Cancer Charity Gin and Sing, Bohemian Rhapsody
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- Restless Natives – a screening West End Festival