Kerry Conquers Among Other Women – Mandy McIntosh Exhibition Glasgow Womens Library
25 November, 2015 – 1 December, 2015
This Mandy McIntosh exhibition is based on the artist’s one year residency between Glasgow Women’s Library and Castlemilk Community. The residency focussed on action to spotlight violence against women, specifically referencing the Zero Tolerance campaign by Franki Raffles in 1994. The campaign archives are held by Glasgow Women’s Library.
Mandy’s work has included a range of public art devices, signage, the renaming and occupation of The Suspension and Victoria bridges, as The Women’s Bridges and direct contact with services for women. The Women’s bridges flanked The Sheriff Court and demanded justice for all women facing male violence and abuse. This installation started for International 16 Days of Action and ended after International Women’s day in December 2014.
Visit the library between 25th November and 1st December to see the Kerry Conquers Among Other Women exhibition.
The event is free – just drop in. If you would like to celebrate the launch of this exhibition this will take place on Tuesday 24th November from 6.30 to 7.30pm.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2019
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection Project Ability
- Rites of Spring, Thistle Gallery
- Spring Chinese Craft Fair, M Gallery Glasgow
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- The German Revolution: Expressionist Prints Lunchtime Talks Programme
- Hand Drawn Action Packed The Hunterian
- ‘I Say Nothing’ Kelvingrove – introduction by Christine Borland
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection ProjectAbility
- Glasgow School of Art MFA MFA WIP Screening 2, CCA
- Passing Moments Caught in Time…. Thistle Gallery
- The German Revolution at the Hunterian Art Gallery
- Nelson Mandela The Centenary Exhibition The Lighthouse
- Katherine MacBride – Having Been Breathed Out / Patriarchy Over and Out