Kerry Conquers Among Other Women – Mandy McIntosh Exhibition Glasgow Womens Library
25 November, 2015 – 1 December, 2015
This Mandy McIntosh exhibition is based on the artist’s one year residency between Glasgow Women’s Library and Castlemilk Community. The residency focussed on action to spotlight violence against women, specifically referencing the Zero Tolerance campaign by Franki Raffles in 1994. The campaign archives are held by Glasgow Women’s Library.
Mandy’s work has included a range of public art devices, signage, the renaming and occupation of The Suspension and Victoria bridges, as The Women’s Bridges and direct contact with services for women. The Women’s bridges flanked The Sheriff Court and demanded justice for all women facing male violence and abuse. This installation started for International 16 Days of Action and ended after International Women’s day in December 2014.
Visit the library between 25th November and 1st December to see the Kerry Conquers Among Other Women exhibition.
The event is free – just drop in. If you would like to celebrate the launch of this exhibition this will take place on Tuesday 24th November from 6.30 to 7.30pm.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Iain’s Brushwork Brings Art to Life at Thistle Gallery
- Art for Sale at Project-Abilty
- Artists Exploring Outer Shapes…. Inner Spaces, Thistle Gallery
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Making the Glasgow Style
- Henry Raeburn’s ‘Boy and Rabbit’ at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017