Kerry Conquers Among Other Women – Mandy McIntosh Exhibition Glasgow Womens Library
25 November, 2015 – 1 December, 2015
This Mandy McIntosh exhibition is based on the artist's one year residency between Glasgow Women’s Library and Castlemilk Community. The residency focussed on action to spotlight violence against women, specifically referencing the Zero Tolerance campaign by Franki Raffles in 1994. The campaign archives are held by Glasgow Women's Library.
Mandy's work has included a range of public art devices, signage, the renaming and occupation of The Suspension and Victoria bridges, as The Women's Bridges and direct contact with services for women. The Women’s bridges flanked The Sheriff Court and demanded justice for all women facing male violence and abuse. This installation started for International 16 Days of Action and ended after International Women’s day in December 2014.
Visit the library between 25th November and 1st December to see the Kerry Conquers Among Other Women exhibition.
The event is free – just drop in. If you would like to celebrate the launch of this exhibition this will take place on Tuesday 24th November from 6.30 to 7.30pm.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- Glasgow Society of Women Artists at the Lillie Gallery, 7th October – 2nd November 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh, Mackintosh Festival 2017