Kathleen Jamie, Literary Lunchtimes, Bar Gandolfi, Wednesday 26 November, 2014.
Wednesday, 26 November 1 p.m.
Bar Gandolfi, 64 Albion Street, Merchant City, Glasgow.
‘I was raised in Currie, Midlothian, the child of an ordinary, non-literary Scottish background. Writing poetry was an odd thing to do. I don’t know why it began, but it was secretive and liberating and real.’
Please arrive early to ensure a seat.
The previous two series of “Literary Lunchtimes” proved a resounding success, with an average of 50 staff, students and general public gathering in this very convivial setting for poetry and prose, lunch, drinks, chat and craic.
The last autumn lunchtime will see readings by Christine de Luca (the Edinburgh Makar) and Robert Alan Jamieson on 10 December.
The series is sponsored by the School of Humanities, University of Strathclyde.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- ‘thi wurd’ #3 at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow
- Jane Harris Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch