Kaleidoscope Realms, Matchbox Cine Club
14 September, 2019 7 – 8.30 p.m.
Kaleidoscopic Realms: Japanese experimental shorts of the ’70s & ’80s
A programme of short films by directors Naoto Yamakawa, Nobuhiro Aihara and Toshio Matsumoto.
The films, spanning from 1975 up until the mid ‘80s, range from abstract experimentalism to more recognisable narrative structures, but all distort and challenge expectations of aesthetics, storytelling and recognition of oneself on film.
Short films often offer a fleeting insight into perspectives outwith our own experiences, but this collection of shorts presents unexpected images, sounds and ideas which linger with you, utilising experimental techniques to convey connections across cultures.
Tickets are priced on a sliding scale, based on your circumstances. There are three tiers: Free/£2, £4/£6 and £8. (register for a free ticket via email@example.com). Guide on what to pay.
With thanks to The Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation and the Postwar Japan Moving Image Archive.
NB This screening will be captioned in English for deaf and hard of hearing audiences.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Through Black Spruce, GFT
- BlacKkKlansman, GFT
- Chic-raq GFT
- A Faithful Man, GFT
- Pain and Glory, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A
- Canada Now, GFT
- Take One Action, GFT
- Kaleidoscope Realms, Matchbox Cine Club
- The Farewell Opening Gala GYFF 2019
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Five Seasons: The Gardens of Piet Oudolf at GFT
- Africa in Motion Film Club: Kuxa Kanema CCA
- Apocalypse Now: Final Cut plus recorded Q and A GFT
- Adoption GFT
- Edge of the Knife GFT