Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
22 June, 2019 at 11 a.m. and 3.00 p.m.
Introducing the new collaboration with Catherine Rayner – The Go-Away Bird.
Hunterian Museum, Gilbert Scott Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Tickets from Eventbrite; £5 for children, £10 for adults, £25 for family ticket. (Under twos free).
Julia Donaldson needs no introduction to children and families. Creator of the much loved children’s classic The Gruffalo which celebrates its 20th anniversary, Julia will share some of her favourite stories which may include What The Ladybird Heard, The Girl, the Bear and the Magic Shoes, The Cook and the King.
Together with award winning illustrator Catherine Rayner, Julia and Catherine will introduce their brilliant new collaboration – the unique picture book The Go-Away Bird. Join Julia Donaldson and Catherine Rayner for live stories, songs and illustrations. Not to be missed. Please note – bookshop and author/illustrator signing after each event.
Not to be missed.
Bookshop and author signing after events!
Part of West End Festival
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Book Launch: A City of Segregation CCA
- Bowled Over, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Danger Poets, Waterstones Byres Road
- Women With Fierce Words CCA
- Books at the Botanics
- Launch Govanhill Book Festival 2019
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Paul Murdoch, Alexandria Writers + Open Mic
- Pinolino Puppet Show and Story Telling
- Free Pride CCA
- Princess Mononoke at Studio Ghibli Season GFT