Join the audience for The Big Debate with Gordon Brewer, Glasgow
The Big Debate with Gordon Brewer
University of Glasgow
9th January, 2015
BBC Radio Scotland’s The Big Debate with Gordon Brewer comes live from The Senate Room, Glasgow University (main building) on Friday 9th January 2015 and we’re looking for members of the public to take part in the audience.
The Big Debate programme has been travelling around the country since the programme was first broadcast in September 2009. The show has now visited more than 70 towns and villages across Scotland, from Kirkwall in Orkney to Kelso in the Borders. Gordon chairs a panel of speakers from the world of politics, the arts, science, business and other areas of public life and ONLY the audience can ask them questions.
We ask the audience to submit questions on the week’s news. We look for questions on the most stimulating moral, political and social issues of the day – the current issues that will get people talking. So the programme gives YOU the opportunity to challenge, policy makers, writers and thinkers.
If you want to air your views on the big questions of the week join the audience of The Big Debate with Gordon Brewer.
Friday, 9th January from 11.15am at the Senate Room, University of Glasgow
You can book a seat and submit questions online.
email email@example.com or call 0141 422 7776
Audience members must arrive by 11.30am for the live recording at 12.00pm
Questions are chosen on Friday morning before the live programme at 12pm, audience members will be expected to ask their questions live on air.
The Big Debate with Gordon Brewer is broadcast live from 12.00pm – 1.00pm, BBC Radio Scotland 92-95FM, 810MW and available on BBC iPlayer for 1 week after transmission.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies