Joanna Walsh Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow, 16 October, 2017
Monday 16 October
1 – 2 PM University Chapel
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Joanna Walsh is a writer of fiction and non-fiction.
Her work has been published by Granta, Tate, The London Review of Books, The White Review, The Dalkey Archive, Best European Fiction 2015, gorse journal, The Stinging Fly, The Dublin Review, Best British Short Stories 2014 & 2015 and others.
Her story collection, Fractals, is published by 3: AM Press. She was awarded the 2017 Arts Foundation Fellowship for Literature (Creative Non-Fiction). She was a judge for the 2016 Goldsmiths Prize and was 2016/17 Writer In Residence at Maynooth University, Ireland.
She is currently working on a CHASE-funded PhD in Creative and Critical writing at the University of East Anglia. She runs @read_women, for which she won Women In Publishing’s 2014 New Venture Award, and which the New York Times called ‘a rallying cry for the equal treatment of women writers’.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT