Joanna Walsh Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow, 16 October, 2017
Monday 16 October
1 – 2 PM University Chapel
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Joanna Walsh is a writer of fiction and non-fiction.
Her work has been published by Granta, Tate, The London Review of Books, The White Review, The Dalkey Archive, Best European Fiction 2015, gorse journal, The Stinging Fly, The Dublin Review, Best British Short Stories 2014 & 2015 and others.
Her story collection, Fractals, is published by 3: AM Press. She was awarded the 2017 Arts Foundation Fellowship for Literature (Creative Non-Fiction). She was a judge for the 2016 Goldsmiths Prize and was 2016/17 Writer In Residence at Maynooth University, Ireland.
She is currently working on a CHASE-funded PhD in Creative and Critical writing at the University of East Anglia. She runs @read_women, for which she won Women In Publishing’s 2014 New Venture Award, and which the New York Times called ‘a rallying cry for the equal treatment of women writers’.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A