Photography Diary February 2007: Byres Road
Glasgow West End: Jim’s photography diary
Here are some of the photographs I have taken while out and about in the West End of Glasgow – I hope you find them interesting. Click on the images to view larger versions. You are free to download and use for non-commercial purposes any of my photographs as long as you put a link to this site and give me credit for the photograph (Jim Byrne)
Some months the images are a mixture of photographs of the West End, photographs of Glasgow and photographs of Scotland.
February 4th 2007
The sun came out for a wee while on Saturday – so I took a walk and some snaps. Pat asked me if I could photograph some pubs and some cafe’s on my travels – I did.
Here is a marginally interesting idea I had for taking photos – that I may follow up on during future walks, i.e., put the camera on the ground and press the shutter. Makes for a different perspective.
One more Byres Road street scene.
I took the tube up to Cowcaddens, took advantage of the bookshops for a coffee and a free read from their well-stocked shelves, and then walked back to the West End. Given the amount of money I spend on books I don’t feel guilty about the odd one I read from front to back while in the shop.
Passing these new flats – formally the student residence. I think this used to be called the Beresford?
Blas Restaurant – situated across from the Kelvingrove Art Gallery. I’ve been in a few times – and would recommend it.
This is an impressive sign.
The Three Judges pub at Partick Cross.
This section: Uncategorized
Filed under: Uncategorized
- Glasgow West End: Glasgow Film Festival, Aye Write!, Valentine’s Day and Creative Conversations
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic Hits The Sticks
- Iain’s Brushwork Brings Art to Life at Thistle Gallery
- Stuart David at Aye Write, 2018 review by Pat Byrne
- Creative Conversations Poet and Playwright Inua Ellams, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies
- Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018
- Stuart David, writer and musician at Aye Write 2018
- Wastepaper Opera and Papaloose present (i) The Opera, Glasgow
- Mount Florida Screenings, CCA Glasgow
- Big Fun in the Big House + Hip Hop shorts & Tomboy After Party, Civic House, Glasgow Short Film Festival
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2018 , Programme at CCA
- Symposium: Archives, Activism, Aesthetics CCA
- Short Matters 3 – European Film Academy’s short film tour at CCA
- Sweet Country, GFT
- The Square, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Team Palka – raising funds for Scottish Huntington’s Association
- Linda Jaxson at La Bodega, Blue: Joni Mitchell Review
- Nae Pasaran, GFT, Q & A with Felipe Bustos Sierra
- Nae Pasaran review by Rachelle Atalla
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2018