Jim Dick: Life is Dutiful! The Arches Thursday 13 Nov – Wednesday 3 Dec 2014
Jim Dick: Life is Dutiful!
Thursday 13 Nov – Wednesday 3 Dec 2014
Launch event 13 November, 7 – 9 p.m.
“Every time people perform an activity they have not themselves defined and do not themselves control, every time they pay for goods they produce with money they received in exchange for their alienated activity, every time they passively admire the products of their own activity as alien objects procured by money, they give new life to Capital and annihilate their own lives…”
Fredy Perlman, The Reproduction of Daily Life
This exhibition presents a series of drawings prompted by the pantomime characters we often find ourselves forced to adopt in the reproduction of the social and economic relations of Capitalism.
In July 2008, The Arches hosted the GSofA graduate’s Fornixxation exhibition; a series of compelling paintings on the theme of subconscious memories, desires and symbolic associations. See the artwork here.
Please join us for the exhibition launch in The Arches foyer on Thursday 13th November, 7-9pm, for drinks and a DJ set from Afrodeesia.
253 Argyle St, Glasgow G2 8DL
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School