Jim and Pat’s Podcast: Glasgow West End – Jim talks to Ian Smith of Last Night From Glasgow
In this episode I chat with Ian Smith from the record label, ‘Last Night From Glasgow (LNFG)’. The label was set up in 2016 and has had phenomenal success in a very short period of time. Since 2016 LNFG have signed 11 artists, released 11 vinyle recods, 23 digital albums and CD’s as well as organising numerous live shows and events.
We had a good long chat so I’ve split the episode into two parts. In part one we learn about:
* Ian’s backgrond growing up in Saltcoats. And his early taste in music.
* How the Scottish Independence vote of 2014 inspired Ian and a group of friends to set up the record label.
* How the label is organised and funded.
* How artists are chosen and the mechanics of running a record label in the modern era.
If you don’t want to listen to our chat about Scottish politics I recommend you skip from about 9 minutes to approximately 22 minutes.
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- Camilla Grudova, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Archie Macpherson, Adventures in the Golden Age
- Radical Film Network 6818 Launch, Glasgow
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Growing and Dying’ a tribute to the writer Janet Paisley edited by Linda Jackson
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- Stuart Murdoch, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- A Fiction Reading. with Sheila Llewellyn and Andrew Meehan, Crossways Festival review by Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Zine Fest SQIFF Presents: Live in DIY Queer Filmmaking Conversation! CCA
- Mandarin Translations – The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
- Fail Better at McCHuills, April 12th, 2018
- David Mach ‘Against the Tide’ Cass Art, Glasgow
- Tom Russell, Tales From Inside The World of Rock, Bishopton Library
- Glasgow Museums and Libraries, Civilisations Festival 2018
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Short Films for Creatives, with Lesley Traynor, CCA
- Crossways Irish/Scottish Festival Fiction Reading & Poetry at The Tron
- Scottish Shorts 2018 – submissions
- Jim and Pat’s Podcast: Glasgow West End – Jim talks to Ian Smith of Last Night From Glasgow
- Crossways: The Irish Scottish Cultural & Literary Festival, Glasgow Merchant City