Jim and Pat’s Podcast: Glasgow West End – Jim talks to Ian Smith of Last Night From Glasgow
In this episode I chat with Ian Smith from the record label, ‘Last Night From Glasgow (LNFG)’. The label was set up in 2016 and has had phenomenal success in a very short period of time. Since 2016 LNFG have signed 11 artists, released 11 vinyle recods, 23 digital albums and CD’s as well as organising numerous live shows and events.
We had a good long chat so I’ve split the episode into two parts. In part one we learn about:
* Ian’s backgrond growing up in Saltcoats. And his early taste in music.
* How the Scottish Independence vote of 2014 inspired Ian and a group of friends to set up the record label.
* How the label is organised and funded.
* How artists are chosen and the mechanics of running a record label in the modern era.
If you don’t want to listen to our chat about Scottish politics I recommend you skip from about 9 minutes to approximately 22 minutes.
- Mary Queen of Scots
- Beautiful Boy GFT
- Blueprint: Theorem presents Dimension Zero CCA
- Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Kingpin: Cinema Parod-iso The Seaborne Neighbourhood Centre, Glasgow
- Naomi’s Journey, GFT
- Visible Cinema: Colette GFT
- Rosa Luxemburg, GFT
- World Without Walls with musician and songwriter Brian McFall
- Stan and Ollie, GFT
- Sophie Rocks, Harpist – ‘Notes from Shetland to Shanghai’
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Glasgow Girls, Kings Theatre review Pat Byrne
- Be My Galentine – Dinner for the Ladies in Your Life, The Project Cafe
- Novelist Sarah Moss Creative Conversations
- Women and Rent Strikes Red Clydeside at the Mitchell Library
- Free Online Course, University of Glasgow: Robert Burns: Poems, Songs and Legacy
- Burns Night, Inn Deep
- Nichol Wheatley’s art depicting the tale of Tam O’Shanter at OranMor
- The Enduring Appeal of Mary Queen of Scots – University of Glasgow Research