Jill Creighton’s Blog: Hints and Tips on Christmas Shopping for Men
Christmas is coming and you know what that means.
Yep, you need to go shopping. No need to be scared – with my Gift Buying Guide you’ll sail through it and snap up a gift that your missus will LOVE.
Gift Buying Guide for Men
1. Tune in to the hints – Usually around mid to late November thoughtful women will start dropping hints. It’s your job is to tune in.
Examples of hints
After a night out with friends she says:Did you notice Suzie’s earrings? Beautiful! I just love diamond studs.
When flicking through a magazine she suddenly exclaims ….Good heavens! Mulberry (that’s a company that makes bags) has the Lily (that’s a style of bag – they are often called woman’s names) in Dark Frozen (that’s a colour). It’s sooooo gorgeous.
When heading out to the supermarket she nonchalantly remarks. My winter coat is getting very tired looking. I really need a new one. Fifteen minutes later, as she squeezes a cantaloupe melon, she says…I love red coats. Rather randomly, next morning she remarks …Whistles have some really lovely coats
These Are Not Hints…
That sodding toaster is on the blink again.
The vacuum cleaner's had it.
I really need to get some anti-freeze.
Get off the mark fast if you are shopping online
There’s a good chance that popular items will be sold out and unless you order before the 1st of December there's the risk delivery will be around the 3rd of January – which, incidentally is what solicitors have dubbed Divorce Day .
Read the full article on Men Buying OMG I love my Christmas Gift by Jill Creighton
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Glasgow Christmas Markets, Fairs and Shopping Events
- The Glasgow Guild Christmas Department Store
- Wasps Artists and Makers Christmas Market, The Briggait
- Jill Creighton’s Blog: Hints and Tips on Christmas Shopping for Men
- Festive Fair and Craft Market Kibble Palace
- Cameron House Christmas Market, Loch Lomond
- Granny Would Be Proud, I.D. Pop Up Christmas Store, The Lighthouse
- Phoenix Flight Training Cumbernauld
- Christmas Market, The Glad Cafe
- Glasgow West End, Christmas Market and Christmas Tree Switch On
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Discover Our Hidden Christmas, arts, crafts, meet the artisans Hidden Lane, Sat 25 November, 2017
- 101 Men in Kilts by Bob McDevitt
- Christmas Markets Glasgow City Centre – 9 November – 22 December, 2017
- Riverside Museum Glasgow Christmas Fayre, 2 and 3 December 2017
- Etsy Made Local – Christmas Fair, The Briggait, 2 and 3 December,2017
- Etsy’s National Christmas Market Comes to Glasgow, The Briggait, 3 and 4 December, 2016