Jesus Christ Superstar KING’S THEATRE GLASGOW TUESDAY 6 – SATURDAY 10 OCTOBER 2015
GLENN CARTER REPRISES ROLE AS JESUS
MUSICAL THEATRE STAR TIM ROGERS AS JUDAS ISCARIOT
X FACTOR FINALIST RACHEL ADEDEJI AS MARY MAGDALENE
IN JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR
THE WORLD’S OLDEST STORY, THE WORLD’S GREATEST ROCK MUSICAL
KING’S THEATRE GLASGOW
TUESDAY 6 – SATURDAY 10 OCTOBER 2015
The explosive new production of JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR, Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s ground-breaking rock opera, is set to continue its major UK tour into the autumn, coming to the King’s Theatre Glasgow from Tuesday 6 to Saturday 10 October 2015.
Leading performer Glenn Carter returns as Jesus, a role he has played in the West End, on Broadway and on film. His extensive musical theatre credits include leading roles in Whistle Down the Wind, Les Misérables, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Godspell and Merrily We Roll Along.
Australian star Tim Rogers made his UK stage debut 15 years ago and hasn’t looked back since. Tim’s musical theatre credits include The Man in Whistle Down the Wind (UK Tour and West End), West Side Story, Jersey Boys, The Full Monty, Aspects of Love and the title role in Jekyll & Hyde at the Union Theatre. Most recently he starred in Carousel at the Arcola Theatre London.
X Factor finalist Rachel Adedeji plays Mary Magdalene direct from the UK and European tour of Thriller Live. The cast also includes David Burilin, Alistair Lee, Ed Handoll, Andy Barke, Tim Oxbrow, Richard J Hunt, Johnathan Tweedie, Cellen Chugg Jones, Michael Ward and Lizzie Ottley.
Bob Tomson and Bill Kenwright reunite to direct Jesus Christ Superstar, a partnership that has seen them at the helm of iconic musicals including Evita (in the West End and on tour) and Blood Brothers; a show they have directed for almost 30 years, scooping up no less than four awards for best musical in London and seven Tony Award nominations on Broadway.
Jesus Christ Superstar exploded onto the musical scene in 1971. Stunning audiences, it changed the face of musical theatre forever. Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s rock opera tells the story of the last seven days in the life of Jesus through the eyes of Judas Iscariot.
As compelling today as it was at its inception over 40 years ago, Jesus Christ Superstar features some of musical theatre’s most legendary songs from I Don’t Know How to Love Him, Everything’s Alright, Gethsemane and Superstar.
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Glasgow Comedy Festival Short Attention Span Theatre
- Phil Differ: Me OranMor
- In For A Penny, Websters Theatre
- News Hacks, Oran Mor
- Sean McLoughlin: Hail Mary, Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2019
- Rich Hall’s Hoedown Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2019
- The Opera Boys Cottiers
- Tandem at The Tron
- Our Time Theatre Group Fundraiser, Websters
- Waiting for Godot, Websters
- Bend It Like Brattbakk, Websters Theatre
- Stepping Out The Musical Websters Theatre
- Scottish Opera presents Anthropocene – World Premiere by Stuart MacRae and Louise Welsh
- Annie, Kings Theatre, Glasgow: Full Casting Announced
- Glasgow Girls, Kings Theatre review Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Girls Kings Theatre
- Three Leaps of the Gazelle, Playwrights Studio
- Big Fish the Musical
- Fibro My Arth! Extended, Websters
- New Works Festival, Cottiers