Italian Film Festival, Glasgow Film Theatre, 10 – 15 March, 2017
Italian Film Festival
10 – 15 March, 2017
The annual celebration of Italian cinema returns with a wide-ranging programme that stretches from promising new talents to established greats. Highlights this year include Paolo Virzi’s hugely successful Like Crazy and the Kafkaesque comedy Ears which was one of the discoveries of the Venice Film Festival. The 24th edition of the Festival also pays tribute to the late Ettore Scola with beautiful restorations of two of his finest films including the Oscar nominated A Special Day teaming Sophia Loren with Marcello Mastroianni.
The Italian Film Festival is co-directed by Allan Hunter and Richard Mowe, and is staged in collaboration with the Italian Institute, the Italian Consul General, Glasgow Film Theatre and Sarti.
A Special Way – 11 March, 2017 Hailed by the New York Tiems as the best film Sophia Loren ever made
Like Crazy – 12 March, 2017 A joyous, perfectly judged delight.
Ugly, Dirty and Bad – 12 March, 2017 A beautiful digital restoration brings this Scala classic back into the limelight.
S is for Stanley – 12 March, 2017 The Story of Emilio S’Alessandro – Stanley Kubrick’s driver.
One Kiss – 15 March, 2017 Ian Conotreo’s award winning drama
Pericle – 14 March, 2017 A Modern Film Noir
Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose St, G3 6RB
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Pain and Glory, GFT
- A Faithful Man, GFT
- Chic-raq GFT
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Through Black Spruce, GFT
- BlacKkKlansman, GFT
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Kelvin Hall 2019
- Gaza GFT
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- East End Free Festival