Italian Film Festival, Glasgow Film Theatre, 10 – 15 March, 2017
Italian Film Festival
10 – 15 March, 2017
The annual celebration of Italian cinema returns with a wide-ranging programme that stretches from promising new talents to established greats. Highlights this year include Paolo Virzi’s hugely successful Like Crazy and the Kafkaesque comedy Ears which was one of the discoveries of the Venice Film Festival. The 24th edition of the Festival also pays tribute to the late Ettore Scola with beautiful restorations of two of his finest films including the Oscar nominated A Special Day teaming Sophia Loren with Marcello Mastroianni.
The Italian Film Festival is co-directed by Allan Hunter and Richard Mowe, and is staged in collaboration with the Italian Institute, the Italian Consul General, Glasgow Film Theatre and Sarti.
A Special Way – 11 March, 2017 Hailed by the New York Tiems as the best film Sophia Loren ever made
Like Crazy – 12 March, 2017 A joyous, perfectly judged delight.
Ugly, Dirty and Bad – 12 March, 2017 A beautiful digital restoration brings this Scala classic back into the limelight.
S is for Stanley – 12 March, 2017 The Story of Emilio S’Alessandro – Stanley Kubrick’s driver.
One Kiss – 15 March, 2017 Ian Conotreo’s award winning drama
Pericle – 14 March, 2017 A Modern Film Noir
Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose St, G3 6RB
- Festival 2018, Berlin on Screen GFT
- Racer and The Jailbird, GFT
- Con Air, GFT
- Cinemasters: Alfred Hitchcock Season at GFT 2018
- Pin Cushion, GFT
- Whitney GFT
- In Bed With Madonna GFT
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer Festival, Burnt Church Film Club Glasgow
- BlackKklansman Special Screening, GFT
- Scottish Short Film Festival, 21 July, 2018
- Cinemasters: Jacques Tati at GFT, Summer 2018
- Getting Started with Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Cabaret, GFT
- John Waters’ Polyester – Launch of Scalarama Programme 2018
- The Happy Prince, GFT
- Mean Girls, Burnt Church Film Club + Daniel Franzese in person for Q & A
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Britannia Panoptican Music Hall
- Howl’s Moving Castle, GFT
- Screening of ‘Harmonies’ The Glad Cafe
- Betty: They Say I’m Different, GFT