Italian Film Festival, Glasgow Film Theatre, 10 – 15 March, 2017
Italian Film Festival
10 – 15 March, 2017
The annual celebration of Italian cinema returns with a wide-ranging programme that stretches from promising new talents to established greats. Highlights this year include Paolo Virzi’s hugely successful Like Crazy and the Kafkaesque comedy Ears which was one of the discoveries of the Venice Film Festival. The 24th edition of the Festival also pays tribute to the late Ettore Scola with beautiful restorations of two of his finest films including the Oscar nominated A Special Day teaming Sophia Loren with Marcello Mastroianni.
The Italian Film Festival is co-directed by Allan Hunter and Richard Mowe, and is staged in collaboration with the Italian Institute, the Italian Consul General, Glasgow Film Theatre and Sarti.
A Special Way – 11 March, 2017 Hailed by the New York Tiems as the best film Sophia Loren ever made
Like Crazy – 12 March, 2017 A joyous, perfectly judged delight.
Ugly, Dirty and Bad – 12 March, 2017 A beautiful digital restoration brings this Scala classic back into the limelight.
S is for Stanley – 12 March, 2017 The Story of Emilio S’Alessandro – Stanley Kubrick’s driver.
One Kiss – 15 March, 2017 Ian Conotreo’s award winning drama
Pericle – 14 March, 2017 A Modern Film Noir
Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose St, G3 6RB
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT