International Waters, The Tron, 22 – 26 March, 2016
Fire Exit/David Leddy in co-production withTron Theatre present
Written and directed by David Leddy
22nd – 26th March 2016
No refugee crisis ever looked so chic, darling.
The social fabric has finally torn. Airports are closed, roads are blocked. Now even the 1% need to seek asylum. Four obscenely rich members of the elite pay through the nose to join an exclusive party on the last ship leaving London. They stay alive using the only things they know – money, sex and madness. But the ship is sailing in the wrong direction. They don’t know each other. They don’t know the Captain. They don’t know what the hell is going on.
International Waters comes from multi-award-winning writer and director David Leddy, who has been called a ‘maverick’ (Guardian), a ‘genius’ (Scotsman), an ‘innovator’ (Times) and an ‘institution’ (Independent).
Like a perverse Aesop’s fable for the apocalypse, the twisting plot explores how progress can sometimes be a trap. In this case it involves elegant glamour, brutal food poisoning, cyborg finance, and a delicious bull testicle meringue.
Written & directed by David Leddy
Sound Design by Danny Krass
Design by Becky Minto
Lighting Design by Nich Smith
Concessions are available for this event
TELEPHONE Box Office: 0141 552 4267
IN PERSON: At our Box Office, accessed via the side-entrance to the building on Chisholm Street.
Tron Theatre Ltd., 63 Trongate, Glasgow, G1 5HB
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Dave Arcari, Hug and Pint, Glasgow Saturday 3 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Unexploded Ordnances, The Platform, Glasgow 26 May, 2018
- Film Listings at GFT, March 2018
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Roteract Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Linda Jaxson Band, St Louis Cafe Bar, Partick Saturday 24 February, 2018
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Film Screening – Moonlight and Carol double feature, LGBT History Month QMU
- The Motherf**cker With The Hat, The Tron, Glasgow
- Dick Gaughan Tribute Concert at Celtic Connections 2018 – photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Blue Rose Code at Celtic Connections 2018 photos and review Pauline Keightley
- The Shape of Water, GFT
- Call Me By Your Name, GFT
- Soundtracking, Edith Bowman with Lynne Ramsay, GFT