International Waters, The Tron, 22 – 26 March, 2016
Fire Exit/David Leddy in co-production withTron Theatre present
Written and directed by David Leddy
22nd – 26th March 2016
No refugee crisis ever looked so chic, darling.
The social fabric has finally torn. Airports are closed, roads are blocked. Now even the 1% need to seek asylum. Four obscenely rich members of the elite pay through the nose to join an exclusive party on the last ship leaving London. They stay alive using the only things they know – money, sex and madness. But the ship is sailing in the wrong direction. They don’t know each other. They don’t know the Captain. They don’t know what the hell is going on.
International Waters comes from multi-award-winning writer and director David Leddy, who has been called a ‘maverick’ (Guardian), a ‘genius’ (Scotsman), an ‘innovator’ (Times) and an ‘institution’ (Independent).
Like a perverse Aesop’s fable for the apocalypse, the twisting plot explores how progress can sometimes be a trap. In this case it involves elegant glamour, brutal food poisoning, cyborg finance, and a delicious bull testicle meringue.
Written & directed by David Leddy
Sound Design by Danny Krass
Design by Becky Minto
Lighting Design by Nich Smith
Concessions are available for this event
TELEPHONE Box Office: 0141 552 4267
IN PERSON: At our Box Office, accessed via the side-entrance to the building on Chisholm Street.
Tron Theatre Ltd., 63 Trongate, Glasgow, G1 5HB
- Sixth Jimmy Reid Annual Memorial Lecture 2018
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, Partick
- The Little Stranger, GFT
- The Greatest Showman Sing-a-long, Glasgow Film Theatre
- ‘Young Solitude’ Review by Lola Rose
- Make Me Up at GFT
- Blueprint Independent Shorts GFT
- Womens Work 100, Fairfield Govan
- Soft Cell One Final Time, Live from London, GFT
- A Northern Soul, GFT
- The Wife, GFT
- Taggart Pilot Screening, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Singin’ in the Rain, The Seamore
- The Eyes of Orson Welles, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Black 47 GFT