Information Night Creative Writing Classes University of Glasgow Open Studies Thurs 10 Sept 2015
Information Night – Creative Writing
University of Glasgow
Boyd Orr Buidling, Room 407 (Lecture Theatre A)120 University Avenue Glasgow G12 8QQ.
Everyone is welcome and the event is FREE.
Alan McMunnigall, Creative Writing Tutor, will be there to discuss credit and non-credit options for the new academic year and to answer any questions you may have.
Even if you have already signed up, please come along as it will be a great chance to meet other students and to welcome new students.
Talk on Songwriting by Francis Macdonald
The night will also feature a talk on Songwriting by Francis Macdonald. Francis plays in the band Teenage Fanclub and manages, amongst others, Camera Obscura and The Vaselines (Kurt Cobain’s all-time favourite band). Francis will be joining the Centre for Open Studies to teach songwriting and you can sign up for his highly-anticipated courses.
IMPORTANT – NEW CANCELLATION POLICY
This year a new policy at the Centre for Open Studies means that classes will be cancelled if they haven’t recruited a certain number of participants a week prior to the start date. However, with your help we can get the classes filled up and if we hit the minimum numbers the courses will remain open for enrolments up to the very last moment.
Please sign up early for your intended courses – do so ASAP in order to avoid course cancellations.
Simply choose the course you fancy and telephone 0141 330 1835 to enrol.
All of you with blogs, or are on Facebook, Twitter and other social media please promote the information night on Thursday September 10th.
Help get the information out there.
Please feel free to invite friends along on September 10th.
If you know anyone who might be interested in Creative Writing please also pass on the details.
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies
- Aye Write! 2018 Jackie Kay – Bantam
- Aye Write! 2018 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar