Information Night Creative Writing Classes University of Glasgow Open Studies Thurs 10 Sept 2015
Information Night – Creative Writing
University of Glasgow
Boyd Orr Buidling, Room 407 (Lecture Theatre A)120 University Avenue Glasgow G12 8QQ.
Everyone is welcome and the event is FREE.
Alan McMunnigall, Creative Writing Tutor, will be there to discuss credit and non-credit options for the new academic year and to answer any questions you may have.
Even if you have already signed up, please come along as it will be a great chance to meet other students and to welcome new students.
Talk on Songwriting by Francis Macdonald
The night will also feature a talk on Songwriting by Francis Macdonald. Francis plays in the band Teenage Fanclub and manages, amongst others, Camera Obscura and The Vaselines (Kurt Cobain’s all-time favourite band). Francis will be joining the Centre for Open Studies to teach songwriting and you can sign up for his highly-anticipated courses.
IMPORTANT – NEW CANCELLATION POLICY
This year a new policy at the Centre for Open Studies means that classes will be cancelled if they haven’t recruited a certain number of participants a week prior to the start date. However, with your help we can get the classes filled up and if we hit the minimum numbers the courses will remain open for enrolments up to the very last moment.
Please sign up early for your intended courses – do so ASAP in order to avoid course cancellations.
Simply choose the course you fancy and telephone 0141 330 1835 to enrol.
All of you with blogs, or are on Facebook, Twitter and other social media please promote the information night on Thursday September 10th.
Help get the information out there.
Please feel free to invite friends along on September 10th.
If you know anyone who might be interested in Creative Writing please also pass on the details.
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library