Indigo Cell, Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery , Sunday 1 March 4.15 p.m.
Sunday with a Difference
Indigo Cell – Sunday 1 March, 2015 at 4.15 p.m.
Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery & Theatre Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
Refreshing and different, Indigo Cell is a new trio featuring Linda Jaxson on vocals, Calum Ingram on cello and Graham Mackintosh on guitar.
The band have been busy writing songs for the CD, ‘Inside’, whilst individually working on transatlantic exchanges inspired by classic bands such as The Velvet Underground, combining this music with traditional Irish and Scottish songs to create a dreamy sound.
The setting for their next performance could not be any more atmospheric: The incredible Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery at Trongate 103 will be the space for this unusual and moving show on 1st March – starting early so be there for 4.15 p.m.
‘The three musicians each have their own pedigree but this combination delivers something very different. Linda Jaxson has a voice you won’t forget – from a deeper well and bringing emotion to the fore, Graham Mackintosh plays guitar with that root rhythm and clever lead work that demonstrates his long interest in the old Delta blues style. Calum Ingram and his original cello style have been giving the awe factor across Europe and the States. Together – a fresh take on blues and traditional song.’
Dublin singer, Aisling Quinn is the guest singer adding yet another pathway to a magical day.
Don’t miss this Sunday with a Difference, March 1st, doors open at 4.15pm. Show starts at 4.30pm.
For tickets, go to www.lindajaxson.com
Or call 07989455957
Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery & Theatre, First Floor, Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Da Capo Alba guitar and mandolin orchestra Cottiers
- Nekkuro Hana, Kundalini Genie + Pelican Tusk, The Hug and Pint
- Album Launch: The Kundalini Genie ‘It’s All In Your Head’
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Electric Frog and Pressure Riverside Festival
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Carnival of the Dark Arts
- Sid Griffin and Peter Case Doublet Bar
- Bone Idle Bros, Starry Skies and Slipper Elm The Britannica Panopticon
- West End Festival: The Luthiers’ Concert Websters Theatre
- André Krengel & Roland Krause, Websters Theatre
- West End Festival: Songbird: Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers