Independent Living Scotland & Ability Fest, SEC Glasgow, 4 & 5 October 2017
10am – 4pm
SEC, Exhibition Way, Glasgow Metropolitan Area G3 8YW
Scotland’s largest disability lifestyle and independent living event returns to Glasgow, promising to be bigger and better, with a new and improved show format and more than 100 exhibitors.
Sally Magnusson, BBC Scotland journalist, author and founder of Playlist for Life, a charity which aims to bring music back into the lives of those living with dementia, will be at the SEC to officially open the event.
Now in its third year, the free event will showcase the most innovative and inspirational products to aid independent living, from homecare to rehabilitation and mobility, providing visitors with the opportunity to meet key retailers, manufacturers and organisations who will offer the very best advice, choice and solutions.
Visitors will have the opportunity to experience the Mobile Virtual Dementia Tour and, new for 2017, the Autism Reality Experience, providing virtual reality experiences that will allow individuals to put themselves in the shoes of those living with these conditions and understand how it affects their day to day lives.
To register for free tickets please visit www.independentlivingscotland.org
Watch out for Jim Byrne Accessible Web Design
- Film Listings at GFT, March 2018
- Roteract Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Sweet Country, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Breadwinner, GFT
- Working Girl, GFF 2018
- The Ballad of Lefty Brown, GFT
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- Boutique Health and Fitness Festival, Glasgow
- Stars for Starchild, Fundraiser 3 March, 2018
- Help the Homeless Glasgow ‘I am not lost’, 25 February, 2018
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- CULTURE MINISTERS WELCOME IRISH MUSICIANS TO SCOTLAND GB18
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Whyte and Mackay, Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Artists Network Lunch, Woodland Community
- Glasgow Kilo Vintage Sale, The Briggait, Glasgow 4 February, 2018