Independent Living Scotland & Ability Fest, SEC Glasgow, 4 & 5 October 2017
10am – 4pm
SEC, Exhibition Way, Glasgow Metropolitan Area G3 8YW
Scotland’s largest disability lifestyle and independent living event returns to Glasgow, promising to be bigger and better, with a new and improved show format and more than 100 exhibitors.
Sally Magnusson, BBC Scotland journalist, author and founder of Playlist for Life, a charity which aims to bring music back into the lives of those living with dementia, will be at the SEC to officially open the event.
Now in its third year, the free event will showcase the most innovative and inspirational products to aid independent living, from homecare to rehabilitation and mobility, providing visitors with the opportunity to meet key retailers, manufacturers and organisations who will offer the very best advice, choice and solutions.
Visitors will have the opportunity to experience the Mobile Virtual Dementia Tour and, new for 2017, the Autism Reality Experience, providing virtual reality experiences that will allow individuals to put themselves in the shoes of those living with these conditions and understand how it affects their day to day lives.
To register for free tickets please visit www.independentlivingscotland.org
Watch out for Jim Byrne Accessible Web Design
- Sixth Jimmy Reid Annual Memorial Lecture 2018
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
- Teenage Scream live Podcast Glasgow Libraries
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Dandiya Nights, Milngavie Town Hall October 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- SUPER Market Glasgow 2018
- Pollok House, Glasgow Doors Open Days, Craft Fair
- Wild Harvest, Native Trees and Fruit, Locavore Guided Walk and Discussion
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- Pollokshaws Community Carnival 2018
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018
- Six and a Tanner, OranMor
- Young People invited to Meet Mhairi Black M.P., Clydebank
- Medical Aid for Palestinians, Evening at Sloans Glasgow
- Late Night: Superbad, Glasgow Youth Film Festival