Independent Living Scotland & Ability Fest, SEC Glasgow, 4 & 5 October 2017
10am – 4pm
SEC, Exhibition Way, Glasgow Metropolitan Area G3 8YW
Scotland’s largest disability lifestyle and independent living event returns to Glasgow, promising to be bigger and better, with a new and improved show format and more than 100 exhibitors.
Sally Magnusson, BBC Scotland journalist, author and founder of Playlist for Life, a charity which aims to bring music back into the lives of those living with dementia, will be at the SEC to officially open the event.
Now in its third year, the free event will showcase the most innovative and inspirational products to aid independent living, from homecare to rehabilitation and mobility, providing visitors with the opportunity to meet key retailers, manufacturers and organisations who will offer the very best advice, choice and solutions.
Visitors will have the opportunity to experience the Mobile Virtual Dementia Tour and, new for 2017, the Autism Reality Experience, providing virtual reality experiences that will allow individuals to put themselves in the shoes of those living with these conditions and understand how it affects their day to day lives.
To register for free tickets please visit www.independentlivingscotland.org
Watch out for Jim Byrne Accessible Web Design
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A