In Process Masterclass with Chris Agee Scottish Writers Centre Tuesday 20th January 2015
In Process Masterclass with Chris Agee
Scottish Writers Centre
Tuesday 20th January 2015; 7pm to 8.30pm,
CCA Cinema Room, Glasgow:
Chris Agee was born in San Francisco, 1956, and grew up in Massachusetts, New York, and Rhode Island. He attended Harvard University and has lived in Ireland since 1979. Chris has authored three poetry collections: In the New Hampshire Woods (The Dedalus Press, 1992), First Light (The Dedalus Press, 2003) and Next to Nothing (Salt, 2009); he is also the editor of Scar on the Stone: Contemporary Poetry from Bosnia (Bloodaxe, 1998, Poetry Society Recommendation), Unfinished Ireland: Essays on Hubert Butler (Irish Pages, 2003), and The New North: Contemporary Poetry from Northern Ireland (Wake Forest University Press, 2008, and Salt, 2011).
A Bosnian translation of Next to Nothing (Gotovo ništa, Buybook, Sarajevo), funded by Ireland Literature Exchange, was released in 2011. His poetry appears in the seminal Bloodaxe anthology, The Hundred Years’ War (2014), among many others. He reviews for The Irish Times and is the editor of Irish Pages (a journal of contemporary writing in Belfast). Chris is currently the Keith Wright Literary Fellow at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow. He holds dual Irish and American citizenship, and spends part of each year at his house on Korcula, near Dubrovnik, in Croatia.
Next to Nothing was shortlisted for the 2010 Ted Hughes Award for New Work in Poetry, funded by the Poet Laureate and organised by the Poetry Society in London.
Tickets: £6 (£3 for concessions). Free to SWC members.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre
- Catriona Malan ‘Meet the Author’ at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic at the Balloch House Hotel
- Creative Conversations: Zinnie Harris, playwright, screenwriter and theatre director.
- From Glasgow to Saturn Call for Submissions
- The Wee Guide to Porridge, Deedee Cuddihy
- Book Week Scotland, Autumn Voices
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018