In Process Masterclass with Caro Ramsay, CCA, Tues 3rd February, 2015
Scottish Writers Centre, CCA Club Room, Glasgow
Tuesday 3rd February 2015; 7pm to 8.30pm,
Govan born crime writer Caro Ramsey exploded onto the scene in 2007, with her debut novel – Absolution. Released on the 31st July this year, her latest title, The Night Hunter, is now the fifth in her incredibly popular Anderson & Costello series.
Absolution was shortlisted for the Crime Writers’ Association New Blood Dagger award in 2008 and her second Singing to the Dead was longlisted for the Theakstone’s Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award 2012. The third in the series, Dark Water, was published on 4 August 2010, and the fourth book The Blood Of Crows was published on 30 August 2012. Critic Cathi Unsworth in The Guardian opined that Ramsay’s series “excels in sense of place, realism, plotting and caustic humour”, describing it as “Bleak, black and brilliant”. Ramsay was the subject of a 2007 BBC documentary film, and appeared on STV show The Hour in 2010.
Eurocrime has declared that Caro “could step into Rankin’s shoes, if she keeps this up!”.
Tickets: £6 (£3 for concessions). Free to SWC members.
CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper