IAIN FORBES + KING OF BIRDS + CHLOE MARIE, CC Music Shop, Sunday 21 June, 2015
IAIN FORBES @ The West End Festival + KING OF BIRDS + CHLOE MARIE
Sunday 21 June, 2015
3:00pm – 6:00pm
Part of West End Festival
CC Music Shop
33 Otago Street, Glasgow G12 8JJ
Join us at CC Music on Sunday 21st June for a performance by one the UK’s finest virtuoso guitarists, the award winning Iain Forbes plus the exciting acoustic duo that is King of Birds and singer/songwriter Chloe Marie.
This is a FREE event in association with The West End Festival 2015.
Call us on 0141 339 0566 for more info.
‘Described by by those who know of him as one of the UK’s finest virtuoso guitarists and is often described as a world class guitarist.
Iain can effortlessly fuse blues, jazz, classical and folk styles on an acoustic guitar.
“One of the best Guitarists I’ve ever seen, Iain combines an astonishing talent with a huge range of musical tastes – and a refreshing lack of self importance.“The Buteman – Bute live Festival
‘Celtic Connections Award Winning Guitarist 2003’ – Danny Kyle Award
KING OF BIRDS
‘King Of Birds are two songwriting brothers, Charlie Gorman and Stirling Gorman from the village of Elderslie, 8 miles west of Glasgow in Scotland. From an early age the brothers were listening to songs from their parents’ record collection… the likes of Willie Nelson, Everly Brothers, Neil Young and The Beatles, were the soundtrack to the boys growing up.
Formed in 2014, Charlie and Stirling began writing songs which would form the foundations for their first album as King Of Birds, which is as yet ‘untitled’ and in the latter stages of completion. ‘
This section: Gig Guide, West End Festival 2015
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe
- Barras Fest Glasgow 2019
- Twilight in the Crypt Glasgow Cathedral Festival
- Glasgow R&B Society: Rab Noakes & Fraser Speirs Cottiers
- No Serco Evictions Fundraiser at McChuills
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- JJ Gilmour and Adriana Spina at CCA
- Music Broth Summer Fundraising Gig
- The Blue Arrow 59:60 Celebrating the Year that Changed Jazz
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Websters Big Summer Event
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Her Crooked Heart The Doublet
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions