Being Human Fest Postcard poetry: Philip Hobsbaum’s inclusive writers’ groups 23 November, 2017
23 November, 2017, 6 p.m. – 7.30 p.m..
A very special reading and discussion with some of Glasgow’s most celebrated writers, all of whom were encouraged early on by workshop pioneer Philip Hobsbaum. Join poet Liz Lochhead (Scots Makar 2011-2016), Marcella Evaristi (playwright, screenwriter) and Bernard Maclaverty (novelist, short story writer and screenwriter) for an open house of creativity. The event will also explore literature, poetry and the value of the contemporary writers’ group. It will also invite contributions on a postcard from the audience!
The Mitchell Library, Moir / Dyer Room, Ground Floor, 201 North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
This event is part of the series Finding Glasgow: hidden secrets and lost meaning.
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- ‘thi wurd’ #3 at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow
- Jane Harris Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch