Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
Thursday, 27 June, 2019 at 7 p.m.
Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone in conversation discussing their new novels ‘Worst Case Scenario’ and ‘Breakers’.
This event is free but places are limited so please register via the ticket link on Facebook Page asap.
Doors will open at 6:30 PM for a 7 PM start.
Helen FitzGerald is the bestselling author of ten adult and young adult thrillers, including The Donor (2011) and The Cry (2013), which was longlisted for the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year, and is now a major drama for BBC1. Helen worked as a criminal justice social worker for over fifteen years. She grew up in Victoria, Australia. She now lives in Glasgow with her husband.
‘Worst Case Scenario is a deliciously dark, unapologetically funny psychological thriller by the international bestselling author of The Cry. The harrowing plot keeps you gripped until the final, devastating revelation’ Sunday Mirror
Doug Johnstone is a Scottish crime writer. His novels include Fault Lines from 2018 and his 2015 book The Jump which was was shortlisted for the McIlvanney Prize for Best Scottish Crime Novel. The Scotsman described him as “a master of the page-turning, heart-gripping, plot-driven tale.” He grew up in Arbroath and lives in Portobello, Edinburgh with his wife and two children. Johnstone is also a co-founder of the Scotland Writers Football Club.
Breakers is a pulsatingly tense, deeply moving and devastatingly dark psychological thriller from the Number One bestselling author of Fault Lines. “This may be Doug Johnstone’s best book yet. An unsparing yet sympathetic depiction of Edinburgh’s ignored underclass, with terrific characterisation. Tense, pacy, filmic.” –Ian Rankin
Waterstones, 153 – 157 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3EW
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Book Launch: A City of Segregation CCA
- Danger Poets, Waterstones Byres Road
- Women With Fierce Words CCA
- Books at the Botanics
- Launch Govanhill Book Festival 2019
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Paul Murdoch, Alexandria Writers + Open Mic
- Pinolino Puppet Show and Story Telling
- Free Pride CCA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Bruce Biddolph Outstanding as ‘The Inquisitor’
- Edinburgh International Book Festival 2019
- Stories from the Southside – Govanhill Book Festival
- Obsession: Double Bill Safe/To Die For GFT
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic