Hannah Aldridge and the Goat Roper Band
Friday 26 April 2019, Nice n Sleazy
£13 plus booking fee TicketScotland
With special guests, The Goat Roper Rodeo Band
Sassy, sexy and soulful, and on the way up.
Born in Muscle Shoals, the daughter of Alabama/Nashville Hall of Fame writer Walt Aldridge, Hannah is a chip off the old block in terms of talent but is very much her own woman, as a recording artist and electrifying live performer. In her songs, she’s facing down demons of a life once lived, from substance abuse to failed relationships and scars from the lashes of the bible belt. Dark, maybe, but irresistibly engaging.
Hannah is steadily making a name for herself, through extensive touring in UK (including a sold out show at Southern Fried festival) and Europe, as well as in USA. Her second album Gold Rush was released in 2017 to a slew of enthusiastic rave 5 star reviews.
For her return to the Tolbooth to promote her new live CD, she’s delighted to be joined by The Goat Roper Rodeo Band. With just an upright bass, two old guitars and a bucketful of aching harmony, The Goat Roper Rodeo Band are preaching ‘Country Blues’ like you never heard… It’s up, it’s down, it’s soft and loud, it’s dark and lonesome too. There’s a hint of Gram, a sniff of Dylan and a twist of Waylon’s blues.
Could fill a room with her own electricity… Daily Record
A veritable star in the making… a future Queen of Southern Gothic… Americana UK
Nice n Sleazy, 421 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3LG
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe
- Barras Fest Glasgow 2019
- Twilight in the Crypt Glasgow Cathedral Festival
- Glasgow R&B Society: Rab Noakes & Fraser Speirs Cottiers
- No Serco Evictions Fundraiser at McChuills
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- JJ Gilmour and Adriana Spina at CCA
- Music Broth Summer Fundraising Gig
- The Blue Arrow 59:60 Celebrating the Year that Changed Jazz
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand