Hannah Aldridge and the Goat Roper Band
Friday 26 April 2019, Nice n Sleazy
£13 plus booking fee TicketScotland
With special guests, The Goat Roper Rodeo Band
Sassy, sexy and soulful, and on the way up.
Born in Muscle Shoals, the daughter of Alabama/Nashville Hall of Fame writer Walt Aldridge, Hannah is a chip off the old block in terms of talent but is very much her own woman, as a recording artist and electrifying live performer. In her songs, she’s facing down demons of a life once lived, from substance abuse to failed relationships and scars from the lashes of the bible belt. Dark, maybe, but irresistibly engaging.
Hannah is steadily making a name for herself, through extensive touring in UK (including a sold out show at Southern Fried festival) and Europe, as well as in USA. Her second album Gold Rush was released in 2017 to a slew of enthusiastic rave 5 star reviews.
For her return to the Tolbooth to promote her new live CD, she’s delighted to be joined by The Goat Roper Rodeo Band. With just an upright bass, two old guitars and a bucketful of aching harmony, The Goat Roper Rodeo Band are preaching ‘Country Blues’ like you never heard… It’s up, it’s down, it’s soft and loud, it’s dark and lonesome too. There’s a hint of Gram, a sniff of Dylan and a twist of Waylon’s blues.
Could fill a room with her own electricity… Daily Record
A veritable star in the making… a future Queen of Southern Gothic… Americana UK
Nice n Sleazy, 421 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3LG
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Da Capo Alba guitar and mandolin orchestra Cottiers
- Nekkuro Hana, Kundalini Genie + Pelican Tusk, The Hug and Pint
- Album Launch: The Kundalini Genie ‘It’s All In Your Head’
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Electric Frog and Pressure Riverside Festival
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Carnival of the Dark Arts
- Sid Griffin and Peter Case Doublet Bar
- Bone Idle Bros, Starry Skies and Slipper Elm The Britannica Panopticon
- West End Festival: The Luthiers’ Concert Websters Theatre
- André Krengel & Roland Krause, Websters Theatre
- West End Festival: Songbird: Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers
- Hayes Carll plus Travis Linnvale, Cottiers