Haiku the Noo: Architecture and the Spaces In Between, Greyfriars Gardens – Until 18 September, 2016.
Exhibition at Greyfriars Garden, Shuttle Street, Glasgow G1 1QH
Free event open the first sunday and third saturday of each month plus during the two weekends of the Merchant City Festival and during Doors Open weekend. 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Haiku the Noo: Architecture and the Spaces in Between is a poetic interpretation of nature and gardening in the city by Greyfriars’ gardeners and students from St Stephen’s. Come and be inspired.
Gardeners from Greyfriars Garden and pupils from St Stephen’s Primary School in Sighthill have written a series of haiku poems that explore their relationship with the seasons and nature and are a testament to the value of ‘green space’ in an urban environment.
These poems will be on public display both inside and outside the garden during the Festival of Architecture 2016. A variety of media is used to interpret the poems. Those haiku which are externally mounted will not require entry to the garden to be viewed and these can be seen from 1st May onwards at any time.
The official launch of Haiku the Noo is scheduled for 1st May 2016 and the garden will be open to festival visitors on the first Sunday and third Saturday of the month, between 1.00pm-4.00pm, plus advertised weekdays, from 1st May up until 18th September.
Runs until 18 September, 2016
Haiku the Noo has been generously supported by:
- Glasgow City Council
- Glasgow Housing Association
- Stalled Spaces, Glasgow City Council
- Scotland All Day Sacred Harp Singing 2018
- Social Bite – Sleep in the Park – Tackling Homelessness in Scotland
- Musicians in Exile, The Pearce Institute
- Martha L Healy, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe
- Hazy Recollections – Woody Pines , Yvonne Lyon , Al Shields, Glasgow Americana
- The Glad Cafe, 6th birthday celebration
- Glasgow Americana – Yola Carter & The Red Pine Timber Co, Cottiers
- John Waters’ Polyester – Launch of Scalarama Programme 2018
- Garden Party Weekend, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Festival 2018, Berlin on Screen GFT
- Seven Song Club Weekender, Merchant City Festival
- GlasGLOW at the Botanic Gardens – Hallowe’en
- Yorkhill and Finnieston Gala 2018
- Publishing Scotland International Showcase, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Glasgow Songwriting Festival
- Bute Noir 2018
- Brooklyn On Tour Comes To Glasgow
- Merchant City Festival 2018
- Festival 2018 Glasgow