Haiku the Noo: Architecture and the Spaces In Between, Greyfriars Gardens – Until 18 September, 2016.
Exhibition at Greyfriars Garden, Shuttle Street, Glasgow G1 1QH
Free event open the first sunday and third saturday of each month plus during the two weekends of the Merchant City Festival and during Doors Open weekend. 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Haiku the Noo: Architecture and the Spaces in Between is a poetic interpretation of nature and gardening in the city by Greyfriars’ gardeners and students from St Stephen’s. Come and be inspired.
Gardeners from Greyfriars Garden and pupils from St Stephen’s Primary School in Sighthill have written a series of haiku poems that explore their relationship with the seasons and nature and are a testament to the value of ‘green space’ in an urban environment.
These poems will be on public display both inside and outside the garden during the Festival of Architecture 2016. A variety of media is used to interpret the poems. Those haiku which are externally mounted will not require entry to the garden to be viewed and these can be seen from 1st May onwards at any time.
The official launch of Haiku the Noo is scheduled for 1st May 2016 and the garden will be open to festival visitors on the first Sunday and third Saturday of the month, between 1.00pm-4.00pm, plus advertised weekdays, from 1st May up until 18th September.
Runs until 18 September, 2016
Haiku the Noo has been generously supported by:
- Glasgow City Council
- Glasgow Housing Association
- Stalled Spaces, Glasgow City Council
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Artists Network Lunch, Woodland Community
- Glasgow Kilo Vintage Sale, The Briggait, Glasgow 4 February, 2018
- Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
- The Friction Burns Supper, Rio Pop Up, Glasgow
- Monte Carlo Classic Rally, Paisley 31 January, 2018
- Dance House Glasgow WinterFest
- Mystical Gardens at Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- New additions to Celtic Connections Programme 2018
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Wedding Open Events at Cottiers, Glasgow West End
- Linlithgow Folk Festival – Keep Matt McGinn Singing
- Special events and big musical guests announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2018
- Big Feed Street Social Glasgow 27 -28 January, 2017
- Scottish Witches – Pop Up Display Mitchell Library
- This is not a Burns Night – Govanhill Baths
- Finsbay Burns Night Fundraiser
- A Celebration of the Isle of Harris Gin at Finsbay
- Yes Bar Glasgow, Hogmanay 2017